Speakers from the local Goodwill

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ErikKrueger, Jan 22, 2003.

1. so i was at goodwill today just perusing the shirts and jackets and such there -i like to shop at goodwill, you find the coolest stuff there - and after picking ou a couple shirts i liked i went over to the corner they throw the couches, desks, chairs, and such and i notice some home entertainment speakers there. so i take the front off of each and examine them, they each have a 12 inch woofer, 2 2 inch mid range speakers, a tweeter, and something else about 3 inches, and a midrange and tweeter knob. i look at the tags on the back, 8 ohm cabs, wow. i also notice that it is 10 bucks for the pair, so i buy them. when i got home i tested them out, wow they work, and they are load and sound just as good as avatar cabs do. i am such a lucky person to hae founf this deal. just thought i would share it with you.
  2. I know what it's like, man. I found my 810 at the Salvation Army.
  3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    an 8x10!!!
    i am so going shopping tomorrow!!!

4. ...stories like this are my FAVORITE!!!!

Cool!!! Enjoy your new speakers.... and the money you saved.... :)

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Congrats! I've always hoped for something like that, but it hasn't happened yet. I'm trying to work with one store here about the price of an organ they have in, but I don't too much good coming of it. :(
  6. yeah, goodwills, pawnshops, salvation armies, and other various thrift stores are my favorite places to shop. these things are actually REALLY lous, im surprised heh.
  7. My best deal was a 1962 Gretch double aniversary, 2 tone green. 40$
    He He HE
  8. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    I talked with a guy from Helsinki about his Hammond organ he had got into working order, and he told me he got it for around $100 - his friend doing cleaning job found it at some club house cellar where kids were toying with it. So he ended up swapping it with some Casio keyboard - the kids were much happier.

It wasen't a B-3 but some 1970s model with SS-power section and a Leslie, worth around $1500 though.

Talking of which, I see these big old organs lying around flea markets daily, perhaps I should start giving them a bit closer look..