Speakers That Are In Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sidecar666, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Sidecar666

Mar 27, 2004
    Does anybody know or have a list of the types of speakers that are in the different brands of cabinets? This is just for fun and for curiosities sake!...For example Avatar uses Eminence speakers primarily and Mesa used to use EV speakers...not sure about nowadays... Anybody know of others?
  2. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Lots use Eminence. The difference is Avatar use the "over the counter" variety while others use custom OEM models. Ampeg, Acme, GK ,Schroeder, Labststems, Ebony, lots of em......

Epifani use B&C on their Ultralights. They use P.Audio horns but I'm not sure if they still do. Markbass also use B&C but they're probably not the same speakers as the Epi's.

Eden make their own drivers.

SWR use mostly PAS, little bit of Celestion, and some Eminence.

Yorkville PA's have RCF drivers but I'm not sure if the bass cabs do.

The old Trace Elliot use Celestions, as do Marshall.

That's all I can think of from the top of my head.
  3. Blue

Blue Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Central NC
    Eden make their own drivers? Where's the factory? (not doubting, just wondering, I'd never heard that)
  4. Blue

Blue Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Central NC
  5. lovepump69

Dec 14, 2004
    springfield MO
    what about ashdown.....? i heard that they use jensen.

Jan 25, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Not entirely true. Avatar also has custom Eminence drivers. Normal x-max is about 3.2 mm, Avatar has some NEO's that go to 5.2 mm.
    Compare the specs on the Avatar site with the ones on Eminence. There are some differences.
  7. Not a big combo fan then :p
  8. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I heard that too, but I also heard they use Celestion, which is believable given their Trace Elliot heriatage. I don't know a lot about Jenses speakers other than their vintage guitar models....