Speaking about Avatars............

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DWBass, Jun 18, 2003.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Avatar is fast becoming one of the 'name brand' bass cabinet companies in the bass world. But some folks still cannot afford cabs even at Dave's pricing! Just wondering what yall think about these?!

Another unknown cab company

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    I'd have to say you get what you pay for with those. Dave's cabs use high quality components (eminence etc.), while these do not list such specs. Anything that looks like a trunk woofer box, it probably best suited for just that. Save a few more bucks, and go with the Avatar. PS, someone had an avatar stack, a 4x12, and a 1x15 on the bay last week for $350!!!! Best bet is to go with what you know works, an Avatar seems to hold quite a good reputation around these parts......
  3. I must say, my Speakerhole 4x10 came to my door for $260. The cheapest 4x10 in stores nearby goes for $350. And there's no way I'm buying flappy aluminum cones (hint hint). I think I'll be buying another 410 from them in the coming months. If you can find eight tens for less than $550 shipped...
  4. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Oh, I have Avatars! A B210 and a B115! It was just a money issue question. You know there are some teens with newspaper route type money!;)
  5. how do you like that combonation? how loud big of rooms can you play with the 2x10 and a 1x15?
  6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Oh, right now, I can do any room. I actually need to go up in power to really push them. But I get pretty loud with the 300w I have now! My band has a 2000w PA w/massive sub woofer cabs for anything larger so I'm not worried about being heard at all. Plus we don't don't play loud rock/punk/grunge/metal music! We play Top40/Pop music!