1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speaking of Ashdown......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by baddarryl, Oct 6, 2009.

1. baddarryl

baddarryl Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    What is up with them? Are they a waning brand now or something. I have an older Mag300 2x10 combo that I love. I have been wanting an ABM 500 EvoIII and cant find them anywhere. Only dealers in my state have just cabinets and no heads, or used to carry them and don't anymore, so I am a little leery about service because of that. Closest dealer is 3 hours away and didn't offer to find me an ABM. I love my amp and really want to try an ABM before looking elsewhere because of the tone. Should I be concerned from a consumer perspective and maybe look elsewhere? I am not a pro and this will be a major long term investment for me. Thanks.

2. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    This probably works better in the Amps forum.

3. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    no, theyre not waning.. its the american dollar thats waning and hence, alot of dealers in the states are only wanting to carry the MAG line (which isnt there best) because they dont wanna get a $1200-$1500 hybrid head in stock of a company alot of people dont know of, or only know their cheapy line.....Due to the dollar dropping, the price of Ashdowns keep going up.,,, its sad.

try an ABM EVOII used.. you can pick em up for $500-$600 lots of times and the only difference is that it doesnt have on board compression.... big deal. theres even one on ebay at this moment... theyre sooo good i just bought a backup one off a guy on TB that arrived TODAY!!!

ashdowns very solid... too bad our moneys not.

4. baddarryl

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Sorry, my mistake. Mods please move this to amps.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Done.

6. PBass101

PBass101

Jul 3, 2008
    Illinois
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to be an Ashdown user for as long as they're in business.

7. baddarryl

Oct 26, 2008
    Cape Fear!
    Thanks Bryan.

8. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    im pretty stoked on em too.... got 2 complete rigs and a backup copy of a head... so wish i could afford the US610 and a BTA400!!!... god id be spoiled.