Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speaking of games...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Alvaro Martín Gómez A., Dec 26, 2005.

1. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

...that one posted by Paniak17 is fun and made me remember this one. Look for the cartridges in each stage so you won't run out of bullets (but you can't have more than five loaded). And YOU BETTER KILL THOSE GUYS THAT CHASE YOU! [​IMG]

2. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    oh no!

it's the control scheme from resident evil!

:eek:

:crying:

3. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ack, pop ups galore.

5. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Pop-ups? Weird. I don't get a single one aside from the one with the game, of course. And my pop-up blocker doesn't stop anything.

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I got 3 just by clicking the link.

7. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Aside from pop-up blockers, there's a very good way of blocking ads from the Net if you use Internet Explorer:

1- Go here and copy that text in its entirety.

2- Close Internet Explorer. Assuming you have Windows XP, Navigate to "C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc" and you'll find a file called "hosts" (with no extension). Double click on it. Since it has no associated program, Windows will ask you what program should open it. From the list, select notepad.

3- A notepad window with a text file similar to the one you copied (but much smaller) will appear. Replace the contents of that file with the stuff you copied in step 1.

4- Close the notepad window. When prompted to save changes, click OK.

Again, that's a very effective way of blocking ads. Let me know if it works for you.

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

No popups... gotta love Firefox!

16,280 for me in Watch Out Behind You