1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Speaking of Iron Ether Nimbus...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by u84six, Jan 9, 2012.

1. u84six

u84six Nobody panic, the bass player is here! Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2006
    US
    Is it common for these boxes to have a messy paint job and a little wear? I just bought one online from a retailer and it looks that way. You can see a little paint drip down one side and a smudge in the front. I'm not complaining, just want to make sure it's the real deal.

2. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    Got some pics? It's done in a way that hides wear and tear....but only to some extent. It shouldn't be too bad.

3. u84six

u84six Nobody panic, the bass player is here! Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2006
    US
    I'll post a pic tomorrow. In the meantime, does yours have a GREAT paint job, or do you see slight flaws?

4. MSUsousaphone

MSUsousaphone

Dec 4, 2009
    Lake Charles, La
    Endorsed Artist: Myco Pedals
    I traded mine for a Xerograph Deluxe. And the Xero D doesn't have that kind of finish on it. I remember the finish was to wear it looked raw and industrial. Inperfect pockmarked and gave it a roadworn look....but nothing that seemed way flawed.

5. Damascus

Damascus

Aug 9, 2008
    The Xero and Oxide are analog and have the analog design. The Nimbus and Frantabit have the "digital" design, which is kind of an inverse. I think both designs are meant to look pretty raw. Like some piece of worn machinery from a industrial era long past. Or something romantic like that. I think they look great. :)