1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speaking of Larry Hartke

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by sublime0bass, Mar 6, 2008.

1. sublime0bass

sublime0bass

Aug 2, 2007
    Boone, NC
    When he put his cell number in magazines last year, did any of your call him? I sure did!

Did you believe it was him? Initially I didn't but after watching a few episodes of "Life with Larry" I believe I talked to the man himself.

I also got some free strings (Hartke Lights, not that great, but good price point) shipped to me.

I was wondering other people's experiences with this situation, or maybe just meeting Mr. Hartke out in the real world.

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I called him about a thread here at TB about the lack of available specs for some of his new cabs. He was regular, and it was just like two old farts having a bull session. I think we ended up agreeing that the complainer was a pantywaist or something.

3. Aram Bedrosian

Aram Bedrosian

Oct 24, 2005
    Burlington, VT
    Endorsing Artist: Ritter, DR, Jim Dunlop, Hartke
    Larry Hartke is an awesome guy. He is the real deal for sure and a class act all the way.

rock on,
    Aram

4. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Yes he is.

5. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    he has some major balls to put his number up there. i respect him for that..

as well, he runs a company, he's going to be a busy person and for him to advertise his number like that is ballsy..

6. Aram Bedrosian

Aram Bedrosian

Oct 24, 2005
    Burlington, VT
    Endorsing Artist: Ritter, DR, Jim Dunlop, Hartke
    Hey Jauqo...

How's it goin man!

(totally unrelated but I thought I'd say what's up)

7. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.

It's all good Aram and thanks for asking.

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I have a great deal of respect for making it easy for the bass playing community to contact him. He is obviously a man who is not afraid to talk about his product, and I like the stuff he sells. I'd love to ring him one time just to thank him for making the Hartke B-15, which was my first bass/amp (it came as a pack). I suppose you could say Larry played a part in getting me here today!

I was actually going to buy a Hartke rig, I was saving for one when an amazing deal on a Trace Elliot popped up.

9. It's cool that he put his number out there. I almost called him, but decided not to 'cause it would have been sorta like idol worship: a Hartke 2x10 combo was my first real amp, and I loved it. This was in 1990 when I had just started playing and I had stars in my eyes about the Hartke name, probably from seeing the ads in BP. I thought the gear was out of my reach, but I managed to get a great deal on the combo. Added a 1x15 Transporter later on. That rig was with me through nine years, a bunch of bands and some great memories, and I should never have gotten rid of it, but I came into some money and decided to "upgrade". After all that, I'm back down to a 1x15 combo. I wish I still had that Hartke 350/2x10. It was awesome.