speaking of stuipid movies...!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stephen Soto, Jul 5, 2004.

1. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
  2. Well...

Stupid movie = Scary Movie 3, but its SOO damn funny!

Stupid movies are funny, unless its dry stupid movie.
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    That is a little extreme. Maybe they all hope you die as well.

:eyebrow: :D
  4. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    lol, just jokin man. i'm not sure about the IQ thing though, for everyone anyway? yeah, scary movie 3 did blow. the funniest dry-humor (not stuipid ****) movie i have ever seen is the royal tenenbaums.
  5. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Yeah, Royal Tenenbaums is great stuff! I dig all the Wes Anderson movies but Bottle Rocket is my favorite.

brad cook
  6. You're right. Sleepover has got to be one of the stupidest looking movies ever, with the exception of Gili. :D
    Sleepover is like Mean Girls- sex, IMHO.
  7. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    How about just plain bad movies that should have been good?

A friend who used to be a sort of semi pseudo relative but isn't anymore...okay that looked weird. Let me try this again...My stepsons' half-sisters' ex-husband...

This may work better if I just say 'a guy I have known for a few years'...makes movies. He has great ideas to start out with, but no real budget. His first one started (from my point of view) with a conversation about murder and murderers. I have a large and disturbing knowledge base about the ways people leave this world. About the only time this has EVER seemed socially useful was when Jon Keeyes( my stepsons halfsisters ex-husband, and therefore the sort of semi pseudo former relative mentioned above) asked out of the blue at a party "So if you had to kill someone quickly and quietly with as little mess as possible, what would be the best way?" :eek:

How's that for a memorable conversation starter? We talked for a while about creepy ways people die or almost die. We talked about how few female serial killers there are. We talked about this movie he was trying to make, in which a female serial killer would witness several people talking on a phone with a radio call in show on Halloween, about what scared them the most. And then she would arrange to kill them in the ways that they had mentioned. :eyebrow:

What he described should have been cool. What he could afford to make was less so. Debbie Rochon was the killer if that gives any clue to the 'quality' of the picture to you.

The first female victim was named for my wife. The male survivor was named for me. My son has been an extra or tech or something in most all of Jons' movie. The only one he didn't work on was the one in which I have just been told that his sister, the Directors' ex-wife was totally nekkid. Because it's not a true 'B' film without some gratuitous nudity. :D
  8. Have you guys heard the story about how 4 guys are suing the Wayons brothers, saying they came up with the story to "White Chicks"? Either way, it's a movie that sucks and will insult your intelligence.
  9. lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Stupid Movie= White Chicks
    I don't know why I when in; I was waiting for my wife; I when stupid; my butt ate my hand and it hungers for more. Didn't make 5 minutes, just left and when to Radio Shack and bought cords.
    edit: They should be sued on GP's
  10. newbie16

May 31, 2004
    N. VA
    ahaha... i was wondering what movie the link was to and as it was loading i was thinking "i bet its that stupid sleepover movie with that really ugly girl from spykids in it.."

and i was right! :D
  11. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    yeah, white chicks looks stuipid as hell.
  12. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Like Bubba Ho-Tep? I wanted to like it so much, but it was just SOOOO slow.
  13. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Roger Ebert put out a personal plea for there never to be a White Chicks 2.
  14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX