1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speakon & 1/4 Jacks Questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pachius, May 4, 2010.

1. pachius

pachius

Mar 9, 2010
    Puerto Rico
    many many newbie questions.

I use a SVT-VR head and this is the first time that i`m going to use two 8ohms cabs (2x10 and a 1x15). each cab has one speakon connection and 2 1/4 jacks wired parallel (which I have no idea how that works).

can I use the only speakon output from the amplifier to connect one cab and also use one of the two 1/4 speaker outputs to connect the other cab? will it be bad for the amplifier?

also, can the parallel 1/4 jacks in the cabs be used to daisy chain the cabinets?

I have seen cabs that have two speakon connections. are those input/output?

any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

2. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Yes it will be fine.

Yes. That's why there are two.

No. They are parallel inputs like the 1/4" jacks.

You can either run two cables from the head to the two different cabs; or run one cable from the head to one cab, and the other cable from the first cab to the second (daisy chain). It will make zero difference either way you decide to do it.

3. pachius

pachius

Mar 9, 2010
    Puerto Rico
    wow, super fast answer!
    thanks a lot powdered toast man!

so 1/4 jacks wired parallel can be used as inputs or outputs?

4. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    You can Use bother the input or out put jack...for ether or...they just label them that way just so it makes it easier...i have by accidentally put my out put from my amp into my out put of the speaker....did not make any difference...did not relies it tell after i was dont playing...lol never hurt anything...i may be all wrong but thats just what happen to me!!