1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speakon Bridge Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by LazyZombie, May 3, 2010.

1. My Carvin Dcm1000 has a Bridge Speakon out and I read that I need to get a 4 pole Connection? I'm obviously clueless on the matter, the ones they selling on Musiciansfriend don't say what kind they are (Or are using a language i don't recognize.) so I'm wondering where i need to get these things.

:help:

I'd seriously be helpless if it wasn't for you guys heh.

2. Use a standard speakcon cable to the centre socket that's marked "Bridge" and you are good to go. You will have to depress the bridge button with a pen as it's mounted below the chassis line. DO NOT use a peakcon to phone plug cable! Speakeon on each end only. In bridge with a phone plug the shell becomes hot to channel two. If you accidentally short the shell to any other grounded metal object you could damage your amp.

Paul

3. So I was just over thinking it then... K, thanks.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Usually to bridge you have to re-config the AMP side of the cable from +1, -1 to +1, +2, but keep the SPEAKER end of the cable at +1, -1.

Be sure to check your manual for your specific model amp - don't make assumptions. If you can't find your manual Carvin has them on their website.