Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

speakon connection

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassuser35, Apr 3, 2004.

1. bassuser35

bassuser35

Mar 25, 2004
    I just purchased a gk 410 backline cab and a behringer bx3000t head. I'm not sure how this works, but I think I need a speakon connection to use the head with only one cab-is this true? I purchased a regular speaker cable and when I plug it in to the cab it makes a buzzing sound. Ok, well I hope I only need a speakon cable, but if possible could someone help

2. Woodboy

Woodboy

Jun 9, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    If I'm not mistaken, the Backline doesn't have a Speakon input; just the regular 1/4" phone jack. It makes no difference if you use 1/4" cords or Speakons to the functionality of the cab/head. Speakons are used because they are able to supply more current. If you have nothing but a buzz coming from your speaker, and you know your 1/4" cord is good, then the problem is elsewhere. Good luck!

3. The Behringer's manual states that if you connect two cabinets you should use both 1/4" out from the amp. If you connect one cab they recommend using the speakon out.
    One 1/4" also works, but you should get a speakon - 1/4" cable.

:bassist: