1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Speakon connections: Peavey Tour TNT 115 and Headliner 210 ext. cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Luciferiad, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Hey fellas, going to go ahead and publicize my general live sound ignorance here.

My bass rig is a Peavey Tour TNT 115 combo and a Peavey Headliner 210 extension cab. To this point I have been using a standard 1/4" speaker cable to connect the two. However, the combo is equipped with a Combi output that supports both 1/4" and Speakon, and the cab has a Speakon input in addition to its 1/4" jacks.

I want to go Speakon for the obvious reasons (secure connection, short-proof, etc) but what I'm having trouble determining is whether I need 2-conductor or 4, and what difference it makes if I need one or the other. Obviously I'm only going to need a short cable and I was just shopping them...Amazon doesn't seem to have 3-footers that are 4 conductor, and i was going to order my footswitch for the amp (finally) from them too.

I've already spent some time searching the web and this forum without really getting an answer, and I've also consulted the TNT's owner's manual which doesn't seem to specify.

Thanks in advance for the input.

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    You need 2 conductor, and make sure the connectors are real Neutriks. Do not get a knockoff brand.

Stumbo and Luciferiad like this.
  3. Awesome, thanks so much for the quick response!

4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Ideally you need two four pole plugs wired +1 >> +1 and -1 >> -!. The second pair remain unused. The four pole connector is used for compatibility reasons and is much easier to work with and use than the two pole version.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 18, 2021