Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Speakon Connections

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fonqueman, Oct 9, 2001.

1. fonqueman

fonqueman

Jul 5, 2000
    I am looking to connect an SWR Bass 350 with a Bag End Q10BX-D 4x10 cabinet. I was told Speakon is the way to go. However I was also told about the dangers in not making sure the 2/4/8 pole connectors are the correct setup for my amp/cabinet. Anyone with any experience or know-how in the field would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Fonqueman

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Quoted from Bag End's website:

3. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Most single connection Speakon connectors are wired +1 and -1 (+positive -ground) from an amp to a speaker. This is based on speakers such as Euphonic Audio and others. Amps as Acoustic Image stuff, Crown, and QSC also use +1 and -1 for the standard amp connection--- BUT, Crown and QSC use a Speakon wired +1 and +2 plugged into the Channel One connector (wired to +1 and -1 at the speaker end) when using the stereo amp in bridged mode.

They are starting to become available at more music stores, but if you need connectors and cable, or custom made cables, contact me off-list. I am a dealer for Acoustic Image and Euphonic Audio and keep stuff on hand to build cables for clients.