Speakon Jacks

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mook, May 7, 2003.

1. Mook

Jun 19, 2002
    Already did a search on "Speakon", but didn't find anything applicable.....So,

I've got two 4 ohm cabs (Ampeg 4x10 and Carvin 1x15). I was going to start using the Speakon Jacks as oppossed to the 1/4".

Are the Speakon jacks wired in parrallel or Series?

If I connect two 4-ohm cabs with the Speakon cables, will the resulting impedance be 2 ohms as seen by the Amp (Ampeg SVT)?

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Speakons can be wired any number of ways, since most have the capability for 4 internal connections (1+, 1-, 2+, 2-). You'll just have to open it up and take a look-see for yourself.
  3. seansbrew

seansbrew Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2000
    Mesa AZ.
    I was just looking for answers on just this subject. If you daisy chain two four ohm cabs the result impedence will be 2 ohms(be careful of the loads you push) My svt 4 pro run in stereo is 1+=+ 2+=- per side, the cabinets are the same. this wiring of the speakon is typical for most cabinets and heads. However, if I bridge my svt 4 pro the out jack configuration on the amp side is 1+=+ 2-=- the speaker input on the cab remains the same1+=+ 2+=-. One more thing,the manufacturer says that I can push a 2 ohm load minimum per channel, but not in mono bridge, hope this helps