Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Special Event Washburn XB100NM Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hefferstud, Nov 29, 2002.

1. Hey,
    I was recently at costco in moreno valley, California browsing around when i saw this display. it had guitars, a drum set, and one bass, i decided to go over and see this horribly beautiful bass sitting right there calling out my name. I pick it up and start playing it, it is extremely smooth, fast neck, and all that, but ive never heard of this before. My question is, what is a "Special event washburn xb100NM bass" and has anyone out there ever played one? i searched for one on google but found just reviews on it and i have never heard of this bass. i know alot of about washburns but this one did not cross my mind. i am seriously thinking about buying this bass so could someone please tell me what its like, and if youve played one before?

2. Washburns XB100 series is their entry level model. The design A.KA. Bantam, was a colabration between Grover Jackson and Washburn. I have and love a few XB400's The 900's series is some of the most underated stuff out there.

The 100's for the most part are an OK or good first bass. If you spend more then about 150.00 its a waste, I would go with an Essex for that kind of money.

If you really like the neck and don't mind used gear I would suggest checking out a used WB400 on ebay, they can be had for about 100-200 dollars.

I would imagine that the special event tagging just suggest that its being sold somewhere "special" like Costco.

3. yup. only this didnt have a finished body, it was just solid wood with a slight finish.

thanx for ur help. atleast now i know what im doing before i go out and buy something that might be overpriced.

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Moreno Valley, huh? My Uncle lives there. We went out there last summer to see him. Nice place!

5. really? whats his name? i might know him.