Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

special fender necks?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassGrowl, Jul 30, 2001.

1. BassGrowl

BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    ok, I've seen alot of new blink-182 stuff ever since there new album (take off your pants and jacket) but the wierdest of all is the new fender necks that theyve been using. They have special fret markers. One has triangles, one has fishes, one has skull and crossbones, and many more. But they all have fender headstocks. I was wondering where i coudl find these necks or something

2. BassGrowl

BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    someone pls help me!, im dying to now this!

3. alembicbones

alembicbones

Nov 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    They probably came from the Fender Custom Shop.

Seems like a reasonable guess to me.

Bones

4. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Arizona
    Well, both Mark and Tom have Custom Made Fenders, so they were able to choose special inlays(you'll see Toms guit has just one Humbucker and that's it, and Mark has a Jazz Bass with a P pickup)

5. BassGrowl

BassGrowl

Jul 30, 2001
    in other words a deluxe percision bass. You can get Tom's Guitar in MF but it doesnt come with the special marker inlays. I wish i could find a custom shop that had those necks!

6. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Arizona
    Umm, I've always thought that a Deluxe P (Special)was a P Body with a P/J pickup configuration(Americans have Humbucker on them)....right?

And do you really think you'd be able to choose your own inlays from a catalog? Its a production guitar. Its Toms own Custom model, and he picks his inlays on his own guitars, but it ain't quite like that for mass production.

7. agyeman

agyeman Member

Mar 6, 2001
  8. The both have customs which means BIG $. Tom now has a sig. guitar out with one humbucker but no custom inlays and list price is 699 or 799 I think. Marks is NOT a sig. but a fender custom shop since it is a jazz bass with p neck I believe and one seymour duncan 1/4 pounder split coil pickup and custom inlays, and he has some knobs set somewhere and takin off. And if you want custom inlays you need to go to a custom shop or get somethin from sims. Good luck in your search.

9. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    hmm, an MIM version of the infamous "pink bass"

just when I thought I'd seen it all...

10. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    hehehe :D

[​IMG]

Conan O'Brien's bass player playing the mark hoppus bass...