Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Special offer on supporting memberships?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Mr. Zebraface, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Here's an idea....please don't flame me. How about the idea that during, say, December, it only cost like $10 or $15 to join instead of the usual $20. With Xmas coming up, and people getting Christmas money, it may encourage more people to join up.

I know how hella expensive bandwidth is, and I mean $10 is nothing....especially to British TBer's, that like £7 or something...

Just an idea, to get more people to join. :)

2. I was just thinking. I would like to find out where other people live and if people live around me. I think it would be sweet if we had a thing where you click like..a letter and it shows the states, and you pick one, and then it shows everyone who lives in that state. Then maybe we could have some outside of talkbass activity. And like..i know privacy is an option, so you could have something where you click "yes" if you wanna be posted. But actually, you write where you live in your profile anyways, so it doesent matter. I just thought it was a good idea. Or maybe it could be a Supporting Members thing only, in the talkbass lounge. Just my 2 cents.

- w00t

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well- except where people write hilarious things like "behind you"!! :rolleyes:

Actually - quite a few people don't fill in their profile at all..:(

4. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I dunno about cheaper supporting memberships. Supporting members who have shelled out 20 clams may feel like they're getting the short end of the stick. Maybe if there was an option for a six month supporting membership for, let's say $11 or the year round supporting membership for $20, it might attract more supporters.