1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Special Show in Downtown Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Social Events and Get Togethers [BG]' started by Poon, Apr 23, 2009.

1. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey Fellow TB'ers

I wanted to invite everyone out to a special gig I'm doing in Downtown Los Angeles. My band Impel is going to be playing this Saturday April 25th @ 3:00pm. We're endorses of American Rag, a clothing brand with a close partnership with Macy's. So we're going to be playing their style sessions. In addition to listening to 45 minutes of Audible Ambrosia, you'll get 25% off all American Rag clothing and be eligible to win a ton of free stuff.
    Wait! It gets better. For attending, you'll also receive a special coupon for you to save an ADDITIONAL 25-35% off all Macy's items between April 29th & May 4th. So if you haven't bought a mother's day gift or you just want to buy yourself some new clothes, this is the perfect way.

Finally and best of all...

I've had the privilege of Beta Testing some new cabinets from a new up and coming speaker cabinet company called "Lo Phat" . This company is owned and operated by fellow TB'er Ptidwell. Paul approached several TB'ers to do Beta Testing in the the development of the Cabinets, so I have roughly two rehearsals with a pair of his 1x12's. This will be my first gig while testing the cabinets, so I'd invite you guys to come out and help me with your objective thoughts and impressions.

Details:

Impel @ Macy's Downtown LA
    Time: April 25, 2009 - 3:00pm (Fashion Show Starts) - We should Play @ 3:45pm
    Cost: FREE
    Perks: Discounts and FREE Stuff

2. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Fashion Show = Hot Models.

Free swag.

Support a brothers show.

Trifecta Win.

Knock'em dead Poon!

3. Poon

Poon

May 20, 2003
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks Buddy!

I figured people would enjoy checking out Paul's cabs as well. His 2 1x12's so far can keep up with what my 8x10 was doing before volume wise. Pretty amazing.

4. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

BE SURE YOU GET PICS.

And not of the band or cabs, the models! :p
    Well, maybe one or 2 of the cabs just to spice things up.

5. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    Very cool.

6. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Hey Steve, I can't make it tomorrow but have a great gig and let me know your thoughts on the LoPhat's... My gig is in a couple of weeks and I have been using the 2x10 at rehearsal and am very impressed with it.