Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Specialized User Gear Search Function...

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Lokire, Dec 14, 2005.

1. I had this idea a couple days ago and thought I should bring it up and see what you guys think, or if it's even possible...

Is there any way that we could have an option in the advanced search to search for users gear? Like if I have say a DeArmond Pilot bass ( ;) ) and I wanted to see if anyone else had the same bass as me, I could run a special search for "DeArmond" and it would search through all the users profiles and give me a list of the members who also own a 'DeArmond' bass (or at least list one in the gear section of their profile).

I think that would be really cool, especially if you have a question about a specific bass, you could easily find someone who has the same bass and PM them about it. Plus it would be cool just to type in "____ brand" and be able to see how many users here also own that brand.

Just a thought - what do you think? :)

2. So...I'm guessing this forum doesn't get a lot of views? :p

3. Thats actually a really cool idea. Id like it.

I dont think theres much traffic in here as most everywhere else, so few people will see it. Even Paul isnt here all that often (at least I dont think he is)

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
  5. Oh, whoa. I never even noticed that :p

Thanks Paul!!!