1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Specific extension question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rockman, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Rockman

Rockman

Mar 2, 2006
    Right now i have a crate bt50
    Would i be able to add a avatar sb112?
    Or am i stupid?

2. arjosy

arjosy

Jan 4, 2006
    New Joisey
    You can safely connect an Avatar 112 to your Crate BT50. Only thing is, when you connect an external speaker to your particular model, it disconnects the internal 12. Though I would guess the external Avatar 12 would sound better, you're still trading one 12 for another and not adding one. If you decide to do it, you may want to order the 8-ohm Avatar. You could also look at it this way. If you get the Avatar 112 now, you can always use that as the first part of your growing rig. I have the Avatar 112 Neo that I use with the Avatar 210 Delta which I bought about a year and a half earlier. I drive both with a 300 watt Ashdown. Plenty of power and air movement for my use. I play out weekly to about 150 to 200 people and I have plenty of power to spare. Hope this helps.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    As arjosy wrote, plugging in an extension cabinet disconnects the internal speaker.

The manual says that the cabinet's impedance has to be no lower than 8 ohms, so make sure you don't order the 4 ohm version.

(http://www.crateamps.com/product/manuals/BT25_50.pdf)