1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

specific glockenklang active/passive question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gab124, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Gab124

Gab124 The path is greater than the destination

Dec 30, 2006
    Tulsa
    I always run my glockenklang in passive mode it seems. I have done some research and decided I might change it completely over to passive setup. I have read lots in the last few days and I am starting to understand the various pot sizes etc associated with passive setup (I have only owned actives). I am at that 250 or 500k pot decision now. My question;
    Since I love the tone of the glock in passive mode, does anyone know how that would translate to a passive pot size? Since it is on a circuit board I do not know what its equivalent in pot size would be. For what it is worth I have nordstrand bigsplits in it. I do not like an overly bright or overly dark tone - kind of middle of the road. :smug:

Oh, and before anyone states the maybe obvious to just keep the glock since I love the tone - there are other reasons for wanting to make the change that I won't go into here.

Thanks to all, and everyone that has answered questions in some other threads I recently started covering this topic.

2. I think you may be making too much of this.
    The difference between 250K and 500K is somewhat subtle. The bass should should good either way.

My guess would be that 500K pots would better approximate the active tone, as and active bass is hotter and brighter, but of course, you wanted the passive tone, which isn't as hot.

Would you have any objection to trying both to see what works for you?

3. Gab124

Gab124 The path is greater than the destination

Dec 30, 2006
    Tulsa
    I may be making too much of it. I like to learn as much as possible before I do things so I don't have to do it twice. They are cheap enough that i could experiment I suppose.
    Thanks,