1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Specific question about Crown XTi series

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by gbrlsnchs, Jun 5, 2018.

1. gbrlsnchs

gbrlsnchs

Jun 5, 2018
    Brazil
    Hi folks! I couldn't fine any info about what Im about to ask, what makes me think it's nonsense, but here it goes anyway:

I have an Aguilar Tone Hammer preamp pedal. I wish to feed a Crown XTi 1002 (that's what I'm able to afford where I live), and it only has balanced XLR inputs. Fine, I will link it to the preamp through the preamp D.I., but this way I lose the possibility of plugging the preamps straight into PAs.

Then I saw the poweramp has male XLR outputs labeled as Link/Out, which, according to the manual, is used to link it to more amps. Can I use it as a D.I.? Does it send a balanced output?

Thanks!

2. Barisaxman

Barisaxman Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Yes, the link out should provide what you're looking for. I'd say you also accomplish the same by just using a 1/4" unbalanced to XLR cable from the the output on your pedal to the amp without issue as well. Unless you're going a very long distance, having an unbalanced run from the pedal to amp probably won't cause any problems, and you could still use the DI out on the pedal to patch into FOH.

gbrlsnchs and BasturdBlaster like this.
  3. gbrlsnchs

gbrlsnchs

Jun 5, 2018
    Brazil
    Thank you very much, sir. Do bass heads like the Tone Hammer 500 connect pre and power amps using balanced audio connection?

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021