Specifically for Peavey FireBass owners...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Hategear, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    To all who use the FireBass or FireBass II on a "regular" basis, I have two questions: 1) What kind of bass (or basses) do you use with it? 2) What type of cab (or types of cabs) do you run with it? Thanks.
  2. gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    I have been using the Firebass II for over a year now. I took it on tour with me and it performed great. The basses that I use through it are a Peavey quilt tpo tiger eye 5 string, a 89 Guild advanced Pilot, a 75 p bass and a customized G-Spot 4 string. The cabs I use a an Ampeg SVT 610 HLF coupled to a single 15 cab loaded with a 4 ohm Carvin speaker. It used to have an EV in it but the EV was 8 ohms.
  3. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    1) I play either a Ibanez GSR205 or a Carlo Robelli 6-string.

2) I have the Peavey 4x10 TVX, and I'm hoping to add the Peavey 115BXBW.
  4. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    You know my setup.
    Peavey 410TXF, 115BXBW, and Music Man Sterling. :)
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Although I don't have one anymore, here is what I used when I did have a Firebass:

810tx cab
    Cirrus 5
    Millenium Plus 4
    Warwick Corvette FNA 4
  6. I run my firebass through a Crate 2x15 and a 2x10 custom made by, MAJ Electroncs in England, it has a low frequency filter, the speakers are Eminance. i use a Spector NS 95, and a Warwick thumb B.O. My band,Beat-the-Meat play classic rock. The rig is awsome for the large gigs, but i have just purchased an Ashdown Mag200 4x10 combo,i don't use the peavy anymore.
  7. I use my Firebass II primarily for outdoor gigs, but also for all larger indoor venues.

All three of my cabs are Ampegs (SVT-410HLF; SVT-210HE; SVT-115E). I use one of three combinations, 1x15/2x10, 4x10, or all three, depending upon where I'm playing and which bass I'm using.

My gigging basses are an AmStd P (1st primary), AmStd J (w/J-Retro), RB-5 (2nd Primary), Sting-P, and Urge II.
  8. mah

Sep 10, 2001
    firebass 2 with 2 410tvx bottoms both @4homs...i use a ibanez sr405 5 string ...works great:p