Specs for Mesa cabinets?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by illidian, Feb 24, 2005.

1. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
  2. TheChariot

Jul 6, 2004
    Boston, MA
    On the left side of that very screen is something that says "Cab Selector" It should be purple. Click that, and it should show all the powerhouse cabs with specs..... I think. :cool:
  3. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Doesn't really tell you much.

All it includes is basically the wattage and ohm rating of the cab.

Here's what it says about the 2x10 Powerhouse:

4. Good luck

Mesa never gives specs for their cabs. They believe its better to hear them than to see whats on paper. That said, They are pretty damn good cabs. I had a Powerhouse 2x10 and it rocked. I can compare it to an Eden 2x10 XST that I have now. I only sold the Mesa cause I needed money. And the only reason I didn't buy another one when I had money again, is because Guitar Center didn't have any in stock and I didn't want to wait for them to order me one.
  5. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Thanks for letting my know, reasonbass.

Next question: anyone have a clue what the approximate SPL levels of the Powerhouse 210 and 115 cabs?
  6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    My opinion, if people don't show specs, there's a reason why. Specs aren't always accurate and are sometimes fudged by some of the budget/low end manufacturers, but come on, give us something. :scowl:
  7. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I was thinking the same thing, Moesle.

Anyone can claim specs, but what you hear is completely different.

Personally I'd like to know frequency ranges and SPL, the rest is irrelevant (and SPL is only useful to a point).
  8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Requiring specs on gear that purposefully changes the tonality of the original stupid is pretty stupid, I think. You don't ask for specs on your bass before you bought it, did you? Use your ears, not your eyes.
  9. illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    Thanks for chiming in, Benjamin Strange.

Was a nice way to put it, comparing it to buying a bass. We go with what sounds and feels good, but the specs (examples Neck-Thru, string-through body, 34" scale, etc.) never really convince us of whether or not we're going to buy it, because it's all just a bunch of numbers and not what we personally thought.