1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Specs on new bass ordered -- first fretless!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by gumbynotpokey, Aug 4, 2012.

1. I've played a Carvin LB70P since 2004. Totally at one with that instrument. Been wanting my first fretless for a few years, and have looked around and studied up what to do.

Just ordered my first fretless and I'm stoked. I followed the input I've read all over the net to get a fretless version of your current bass for easiest transition to fretless - if/when choosing no lines/no dots. Which I did. I've been playing without much looking for a year or so. Hopefully this and the same model will help me transition.

I'm not doing a Carvin pro/con troll and I'm not doing a line and dots/no lines no dots troll. I'm just super stoked on this build and it's 3 weeks into the wait. Gotta discharge some energy, thus I post a thread.

Here's the list:

LB70PF (p = piezo in the bridge; f = fretless)

For those that don't know this model is a 4 string with 24 frets if they were there, neck through, string through, active/passive with 2 J-style pu's (neck and bridge positions) with piezos in the saddles, and sweeps for all 3 of those pu's. Low, mid/mid sweep and high eq.

• 3 piece body - walnut, maple laminate layer, figured claro walnut top
    • 5 piece neck - walnut with 2 maple stripes
    • No-show-neck (neck through only visible from the back)
    • Birdseye maple board with "Hard As Nails" epoxy coating
    • Claro headstock matches top
    • No lines, no dots
    • Rounded body sides
    • Abalone logo

Whatchu all think? Can't wait til it gets here.
    :D

2. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    Congrats....sounds like a nice bass.....
    Enjoy the freedom a fretless brings

3. Definitely.
    :bassist:

4. Bump.

I'm stoked! 4 weeks into the build time. :meh:

Whatchu all thinkin' on this spec list? Can't wait!
    :bassist: