1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    currently using my L2000 to get the alice in chains sound the best i can, i'm gonna keep reading here to learn some more cool stuff

grimmchaos, jack7265 and andynj65 like this.
  2. dpaul

dpaul Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Florence, NJ
    Sorry to hear about you having to sell your bass Shaun. I had to sell my Forte 5 earlier this year to cover medical costs, it broke my heart. I hope your financial situation improves and more Spector basses lay down the road for you!

andynj65, Pendulous, jack7265 and 2 others like this.
  3. Rebopmass

Rebopmass Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2011
    So some observations from gig one with New NS2A. Felt pretty good. Although a bit heavier than my blue one. Tone was pretty gokd but chased it most of the night. Decided to give blueberry one last fling and grabbed it for a few songs in set 3. Played like butter lower action diff pups and obp3. Sounded really good. I will not i bave to sit down with haz and emgs and reconfigure my pre for it. However my buddy who i sold the blue one too said hed be fine with swapping pups and or preamps. And that i can take blueberry whenever i want when hes not on road. So a few odd things . Letos bass is very nice playable, neck is a lil thicker than blueberry but not huge. Odddly salt and peppa feels heavier which seemed strange. Got on scale with both basses. Botb weigh exactly just under or at 8lbs. But salt and peppa feels heavier. After closer examination salt and peppa is actually bulkier than blueberry. Very subtle but u can see its rounder and thicker. Since they are handcarved that makes sense. Neither is a samick. But blueberry which is def older seems .ore that way and salt and peppa is more beefy. Beyond that gonna mess around with my pre and see how it goes tone wise or i may do a partial swap. Still incredibly nice bass, just some odd differences in the body and neck.
    Funny now i look at pic and you can see big differeces in the 2. Whit is wider rounder and blue looks more Samick like. And oddly the logos are different colors. String spacing may even be diff. Neck profile os somewhat. Strange. Also pickup rte on salt and peppa is rounded off. Blueberry is more squarish. Unique differences in basses that are 2 3 yrs apart
    20180512_204126.

4. MikeSpector

MikeSpector

Monday
    Can I be in the club? NS2000/5 owner. EMG BQC pre with EMG 40dc bridge / 40cs neck. Definitely looking to get another Spector in 4 string. Either a Euro or Rebop. Also want a Spectorcore. I've always wanted a Spector and when I finally got one I was hooked. Simply love it. Some guys will turn their noses up at the Korean Spectors but most NS2000 owners that Ive talked to love them.

5. Rebopmass

Rebopmass Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2011
    2000s rock. If they turn their nose up oh well. I had 2. One was a flawless gorgeous sunburst one. And a blue one. Both a tad heavy for me but awesome basses.

iceboxbass, andynj65 and MikeSpector like this.
  6. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Welcome to the club, what better place to start your collection actually as you might find something offered here because most members announce opportunities before posting on other sites....

grimmchaos likes this.
  7. MikeSpector

MikeSpector

Monday
    I got one of the translucent reds with the Spector gig bag. I was surprised when it finally arrived. It looked like it was brand new. Not a scratch (and I was really looking). The electronics were a different story. It was such a mess in the control cavity and there was some noise that would not go away even after the wiring was cleaned up so I just replaced it all. String spacing took a little getting used to but it wasnt a big deal. Great bass.

iceboxbass, andynj65 and grimmchaos like this.
  8. grimmchaos

grimmchaos Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Albany, NY
    Spectors are like crack.. you tend to get addicted to them. My real 1st was an NS2000 in blue I bought years ago from a local store. It was a great bass and I think I got it for around $250. I eventually traded it in on something else so I have no idea where it lives at this point. Welcome to the club!

bassminstrel, e.rich and andynj65 like this.
  9. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I wish that were true.
    Crack is much, much cheaper........

10. bassminstrel

bassminstrel

Jul 8, 2011
    I have two NS2000/4s . The only thing I like more is my Forte.

SNCpre and grimmchaos like this.
  11. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    IMG_0044. IMG_0048. IMG_0053.
    Welcome! Please post photo(s) on here...then PM Tracebassplayer letting him know the page that you posted the photo...he hands out the club numbers. I'd owned a solid Gloss black NS-2000/5, great playing and sounding basses. At the time, the string spacing was enough difference compared to my other 5rs that it kept messing me up, so I traded it off to another club member. I hated doing it though, it was such a beautiful bass. Here's some pics of it.

NOLA Bass, Ellery, andynj65 and 5 others like this.
  12. Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Lots of snow in your part of the country.....

13. gclark51

gclark51 Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Vilonia, AR
    None
    He's the only person I know that retired and moved NORTH.

14. Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    From mowing to blowing I guess!

15. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Hanging on in quiet desperation... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    When I retire I'm staying right here and playing/gigging as much as I can until my fingers either fall off or stop working! :bassist: :hyper: :bassist::smug:

16. Breslin dp

Breslin dp

Aug 13, 2008
    Euless Texas
    05A98D89-FDC3-47E4-89A1-027118823A6A. E0FBD84A-E3C4-462C-AE9B-17CFAFC54E8E. Spector Update! She’s home and now I’m searching for an amp and cab. Looking into a mini amp and a 212 or 210 now.

17. Breslin dp

Breslin dp

Aug 13, 2008
    Euless Texas
    BE8710F6-3D0C-4FE0-970E-7F810415BAB2. Can I join the club now? I just brought my baby home.

18. Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    OUTSTANDING, I would really like to add a fretted NS4 to my collection....congratulations o your new baby!

19. Breslin dp

Breslin dp

Aug 13, 2008
    Euless Texas
    Thanks! I can’t wait to play her but I work nights so it will have to wait until the am. I wasn’t sure how I was going to feel about the pickup configuration but they sound awesome!

20. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Endorsing artist: Remic microphones
    there's only about 2,120 combinations of EMG and other brand pickups that you can try in there, so if at first you don't succeed, try try again.

andynj65, e.rich, iceboxbass and 3 others like this.