1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Endorsing artist: Remic microphones
  2. Breslin dp

Breslin dp

Aug 13, 2008
    Euless Texas
    Thanks! You’re not joking about the pickup options.

3. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    sweet..... Let us know how you like the newer EMG x pups. And I assume you have the 18 volt Haz in it.

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 6:17 AM
    Breslin dp likes this.
  4. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Lol...This photo is a few years old. I realize we do receive a lot of snowfall(142") But No snow on the ground here now.:)

Last edited: May 17, 2018 at 8:20 AM
    Torn Bassist likes this.
  5. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    "What you talking about Willis?" ;) I retired and moved south...It might be only an hour south, but we moved south.:D Why move away from a good thing? Clean air, clean & crystal sparkling water, trout river fishing in our backyard, elk, whitetail, black bear, wild turkey, grouse etc...in our very backyard, and Ski slopes 1/2 mile out our front door. Lakes & waterways everywhere. Low population. What's there not to like?:smug:

6. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    :laugh::roflmao: Actually I believe mowing still wins out on snowblowing...even though mowing season is shorter but just grows FAST. Thankfully snow doesn't grow...plus we have a 63" snowblower mounted on tractor front makes snowblowing easy, fast & effortless, so I can get back to playing my Spector basses.:)

andynj65, jack7265 and gclark51 like this.
  7. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    AMEN to that brother!!!:thumbsup::bassist::D

8. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    WOWZERS!!!:woot:drool:woot:drool:woot:drool It's like looking into a bunch of waves of water! Congratulations on your gorgeous NS-4!:thumbsup::cool:

Breslin dp likes this.
  9. gclark51

gclark51 Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Vilonia, AR
    None
    I got confused. I thought you moved an hour north. :whistle: Sounds great, though. (Except that snow thing)

iceboxbass likes this.
  10. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    :laugh::roflmao: "Cornfused" eh?!:D;) All the more time to play my basses:smug:...between snowshoeing, xctry skiing and snowboarding that is.:D

gclark51 likes this.
  11. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    HUH, almost 12 foot of snow! How many days is everyone snowed in each year and what does the city do with all of it when cleaning off the roadways? I guess you would have to keep everything clear and have a taller vehicle than the Corvette to get around my friend...

12. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Yeah our average annual snowfall is 141" here in Gaylord...we didn't realize that we were moving into the highest snowfall area in the state of Michigan. The city snowplows the snow into the center of the street mostly, then brings in HUGE frontloaders & dump trucks to move the snow out of the city. 4 wheel or all wheel drive is a must to get about here in the winter. Or you just stay home. We're fortunate the county plow clears our country road from the city & past our home by 7am. The Vette doesn't get back on the road until May 1st.

Torn Bassist likes this.
  13. Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Great time to stay active in music I guess...

iceboxbass likes this.
  14. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Alright Spector Family, I’m going to list this tomorrow in the classifieds. Last chance before I list.

Thanks All

Shaun

japhy4529 likes this.
  15. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

Sweet bass, Shaun! Sorry to hear you have to sell it. GLWTS

ODDBALL likes this.
  16. packrat

packrat Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    California
    It’s a lovely bass, but I already have two rebop 5s :(

ODDBALL likes this.
  17. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Very nice! If I only owned 1 Spector, the NS4 is without a doubt the way to go considering the infinite pickup combinations.

18. Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    A guy could go crazy trying to test everything out and then deciding which combinations to select...but...think of the tones someone who is recording could use!

iceboxbass likes this.
  19. Wolf Tower 5

Wolf Tower 5 Still looking for all the answers. Supporting Member

May 29, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    I would seriously give you my left and right kidneys for that bass...........absolutely gorgeous.

Breslin dp likes this.
  20. 4stringer711

4stringer711

Sep 24, 2016
    It's definitely beautiful country. We're in Ohio and most people we know go to the beach in VA, NC, or SC. We go to the beach in northern MI. The kids wear long pants and don't care.

iceboxbass and gclark51 like this.