1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    How does the back of the neck look now, any pictures (I pushed on the link and it just shows an error)?

2. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what? Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    IMG_20190107_170626106. IMG_20190107_170633124. IMG_20190107_170635455.

3. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Fantastic work, looks outstanding and you did a great job cleaning it up!

4. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what? Supporting Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks!

Torn Bassist likes this.
  5. BigLoopDuke

BigLoopDuke Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    DSM, IA
    IMG_4467.JPG

I know I'm late for First Friday, but this sexy Euro just arrived from NJ. All thanks to Brother G aka @Corevalay for hooking me up with another slamming Spector. Has the BTS preamp and it simply rocks. The neck is unbelievable. Never thought I'd find a more comfortable neck after the Wimbish, but this is just perfect.

6. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Banned

Feb 11, 2007
    So here it is folks!

My Spector-Strand in the making, complete with photos!

I just sent my brand new Spector to Nordstrand Audio / Mo's Shop and these photos are from the work being done today!

I plan on posting a complete review after I get it back, but you can see from these photos the super high quality of work they do there, including full shielding with all Nordstrand Audio electronics!
    :thumbsup:

IMG_9661.
    IMG_9662.
    IMG_9665.
    IMG_9666.
    IMG_9667.
    IMG_9668.
    IMG_9669.JPG

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  7. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    So nice

Maiden Bass likes this.
  8. YaPeL

YaPeL

Feb 25, 2016
    c-can I join the crew guys? poopy pic, and its korean made, but its the first 5 string bass that gave me GAS IMG_5111.

9. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    Wish I could of made my Nordy cavity looks that nice. :) Interested to hear how you like the big blades. I almost got those but settled for the big splits instead.

Maiden Bass likes this.
  10. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Banned

Feb 11, 2007
    Dude, Mo is a Bass Magician, that's why I sent it there! :thumbsup:

bobunit likes this.
  11. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Banned

Feb 11, 2007

I will post a review as soon as I can, but those are not the Big Blades, they are the new hum cancelling Zen Blades!

Zen Blade 4

I am also getting the Big Splits on my new Forte 4 BEAD bass!

Big Split 4

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Torn Bassist, Holdsg and ampegfuzz like this.
  12. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2010
    New Orleans, LA
    I was hoping to ask Spector owners, why does Spector seem to like the shorter neck-length jazz pickups in their bridge positions. Is this to get a desired sound or another reason?

13. bassman74

bassman74 Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    Montreal
    Any forte 4 owner here? Especially the ones with aguilar’s super singles or doubles? Never been a fan of pj pickups.

I tried a forte years ago, I was impressed by the playability, weight and comfort but not much by the emg pj tone.

Yesterday I listened to a YouTube clip
    With the new pickup location and wow. I know it’s YouTube the audio may not represent exactly the real bass’ tone but wow!

I’m curious, did they try to replicate the pj pickup location or did they went with MM and P location?

If you have one, what’s your impression?

14. I owned two Forte-4 with Aguilar Super Singles and Super Doubles and preferred Super Singles for clarity and growl. Forte-5 with Super Singles is still my number 1 bass.

andynj65, jack7265, dpaul and 2 others like this.
  15. jack7265

jack7265 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    With the string spacing at the bridge, the short jazz pickup is better suited. I had a custom build that I was going to use the Dimarzio Model J standard jazz pickup in the bridge, and Stuart Spector recommended against it, and showed how the poles in the short jazz pickup lined up with the strings at the bridge.

16. cuttermkr

cuttermkr

Mar 30, 2014
    Is it possible to add a trim pot to a non trem tonepump? I'm thinking about changing the preamp, but I'd like to try it with the gain cut back before I do. Man I thought my old L2000 was hot.

17. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I suppose anything is possible, but it's typically cost prohibitive. There seems to be a number of Tone Pumps in the secondary market at any point in time (some trim, some not) so I'd just look to buy one with the trim pot.

iceboxbass likes this.
  18. yeldarb69 (Brad)

yeldarb69 (Brad) Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Lower your pickups as far down as they will go. That should tame allot of the signal.

iceboxbass likes this.
  19. shadowrider

shadowrider Gold Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    I found @gclark51 's maple top CTB picture; any other maple top CTB owners out there? Considering ordering one with walnut stain...

20. Clearwave

Clearwave

Sep 29, 2011
    The Future
    Nice wiring work! ...like the knobs too. Gary turned me on the bolt on's at the Spector Hang...

Maiden Bass likes this.