1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Banned

Feb 11, 2007
    Hey everyone here is a clip from Darren02, I sold him my EuroLX recently, and FYI he turns 17 this month! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  2. Darren02

Darren02 Never stop the groove in order to find a note

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Thanks, MaidenBass! :)

kev451 and Maiden Bass like this.
  3. Darren02

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    I recommend headphones for listening :) The lows are quite nice from this bass. Its very tight sounding, with focused mid range, and aggressive overall. Made it easy to mix the cover!

kev451, andynj65, leto and 1 other person like this.
  4. Darren02

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    To everyone in the club, Id like to formally introduce myself. My name is Darren, Im 16 years old and Ive been playing bass for 3 years. So far, Spector has blown me away! I own a Zon Sonus 5 and IMHO, the Spector exceeds the tonal quality of the Zon. Don't get me wrong, the Zon is insanely comfortable and has effortless playability, but the aggression of the Spector makes it cut straight through all of the mixes Ive tried it with so far. Looking forward to chatting with you all here in the Spector Club!

5. graphics1988

graphics1988 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Hey guys - (moderators feel free to move or delete this if need be)...im kind of at a loss on where or how to approach this. Ive looked in the classifieds for a similar bass as this one,(didnt see any, and reverb, ebay etc are SOOO diverse in the values, its hard to find a fair value)
    ..anyway...I bought it brand new (less than two years ago) and it is easily STILL in brand new condition. Some of you know, that i struggle with carpal tunnel, and well, some basses are better than other for my CT. I have struggled with letting this go - it is my lightest bass (UNDER 8LBs i'd guess) - USA made, custom ordered colour steel-burst, sounds as good or better than my NS2, neck is amazing. Could some of you guys (in a PM) let me know aprox selling value of this?
    I assume its just the ergonomics that cause my hands grief....but it just hangs on my wall - might as well sell and find something else that doesn't flare my CT.
    I know the rules of the Classifieds say that i HAVE to put a value, which at the moment i dont have...so hopefully posting the question here didnt bend or break any rules. If i did, please just delete and i will turn away kicking rocks, sobbing. ;) 20161208_154706.

6. graphics1988

Oct 26, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    ughhhkkk! Kids these days! Dont you have a video game to go play?! pfffttt.

haha..just kiddin - great playing buddy - its awesome to see the youth doing something valuable with their time - much impressed!! Congrats on the new bass - looks nad tone top notch! Welcome to TB. Cheers! (ice water cheers of course) ;)

7. Holdsg

Holdsg I should be practicing Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    Is that a bolt/on neck or neck/thru?

8. graphics1988

Oct 26, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    yup bolt on. :)

Maiden Bass likes this.
  9. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Same with my former white Euro-5JJ Darryl Anders sig with the DGTC and Bart’s. It was always chosen over my former NS-2 by my band mates. Great preamp!

jack7265 and e.rich like this.
  10. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Sweet bass. PM'd. :thumbsup:

Maiden Bass and Rod Harder like this.
  11. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    Hi congrats on the Spector bass, had one just like it before. And that’s some tight punchy playin !

Maiden Bass and Darren02 like this.
  12. packrat

packrat Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    California
    Did Rebops ever come in a 6?

13. Darren02

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Thanks man! Much appreciated! Its an awesome bass for sure, loving the tones im gettin out of it!

Maiden Bass and kev451 like this.
  14. Darren02

Apr 6, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Haha! Ice water cheers for sure... unless its a holiday :laugh:
    Thanks brother, i got totally sucked into the video game world about 5 years ago, completely stopped about 3 years ago (when i started bass!) and havent looked back!
    Id argue bass is much more fun anyways :)

Maiden Bass and graphics1988 like this.
  15. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Unfortunately no.

16. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    Beveled right up to the nut. Kind a hard to see in the pic.
    NS4 1047 c.

17. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Banned

Feb 11, 2007
    FYI Spector Club Members!

If anyone is looking for a place to buy Spector strings (since BSO has gone out of business) here is a link where you can get them factory fresh!

Spectorwear2

If you have any questions, concerns, or comments you can contact Todd at todd@integriteez.com

I emailed him and he got back to me super fast. He is a very nice guy and is a bass player himself!

IMO these are fantastic strings that sound great, feel great, and last a long time!

I prefer the nickel set, and although I don't know this for sure, and no one has told me this, but I believe they are made by D'Addario.

The feel reminds me a little of XL's, however they have slightly less tension with a better feel, and a better and stronger overall tone, with the same brightness.
    I cannot comment on the steel sets, as I have not tried those, but the nickels are absolutely fantastic on a Spector or any other bass IMO!

One other note about the nickel sets, the E and B strings are tapered, and they look just like the D'Addario taper. :thumbsup:

:bassist:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    andynj65 likes this.
  18. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I have a Euro5 LX TW. In the opinion of the Spector brothers and sisters do you think the Euro5 LX TW can cop the P bass sound with the neck pickup soloed with the selector set to dual coil? Just wondering since there's been a lot of threads lately about how the P bass is THE bass. I'm a 5 string guy and all the 5 string P basses I've tried have really weak B strings. Personally I think it does a pretty good P bass tone as well as a bunch of others. Just wondering what you all think.

BigLoopDuke likes this.
  19. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    It should come close. Back off the treble as well. Those TWs are sweet and on my GAS list.

FunkySpoo and BigLoopDuke like this.
  20. dpaul

dpaul Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Florence, NJ
    I just ordered 2 sets of the stainless steel Formula 603 5 string sets through the Spectorwear store. I paid more than I used to (with BSO) or wanted to pay for them, but they do have them in stock. I love the Formula 603’s, IMHO perfectly matched strings for the Spector basses.

andynj65 and Maiden Bass like this.