1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    The one on the Bottom is the Wenge Neck Thru. I think only 2 were ever made. At the time of the pic she had a set of Roto Nexus coated strings on. Since then, they've been changed to Optima 24 KT Uniques. Currently prefer the Optima 24 KT Uniques on all my fretted babies.
    The Blue one is frettless and has a set of La Bella Purple Haze Tape wounds.

andynj65, dpaul and bass40hz like this.
  2. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    You could have that beauty strung up with spaghetti for strings and she would still be one of the better looking bases that mine eyes have ever seen.

Rock on!

Eddie LeBlanc, andynj65 and dpaul like this.
  3. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    She's a beauty! Never seen Wenge on a Spector (actually, aside from Ibanez who uses it on a lot of their SR necks, don't see it much at all). What are the wings?

4. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    I completely don't blame you guys. The US Spectors are, indeed, mind-blowing basses, which is why ignoring the Forte line could end up costing you a lot of unnecessary dollars. The Forte 5 I posted a few pages ago was, for all intents and purposes, an NS-5XL without inlays and there are a few Forte 4s out there with EMGs and the 9v Haz, making them, ostensibly, a stripped down NS-2. If I were ordering new Spectors, which could happen, I would order another Forte 5, with an Ebony board, and the US 18v pre, and a Forte 4, also with an Ebony board, and the US 9v Haz with the EMGs(and probably in some dark red color).

I LOVE the NS-2 and the NS-5XL, but the Forte's are a fantastic value...:thumbsup:

Road Hat, jack7265, e.rich and 3 others like this.
  5. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Supporting Member

I'm a firm believer in the Forte basses - I have 3 now, possible 4th coming end of this year.

IMG_20190422_135846.

6. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    I was thinking of your Forte's when I wrote that post. I love the UV, but that Ebony board/Haz is my JAM:drool:! I may order that bass after my Dingwalls show up...:thumbsup:

If you ever decide to sell it....:ninja::ninja::whistle::D

andynj65 and Rod Harder like this.
  7. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

The 18v HAZ is a thing of beauty!

jack7265, e.rich and Rod Harder like this.
  8. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    What up. Long time no post.

Playing my Euro 5LX pretty much excusively these days.

@anton72 great meeting you at NAMM! Did PJ tell you about our Uber ride to the Mexican restaurant? Totally nuts!

fullsizeoutput_58bf.

9. dpaul

dpaul Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Florence, NJ
    63468714-2248-45AA-8AD4-E166D2244ACE.
    Add another one for the Forte fan club! USA Spector’s are in a class all by themselves. Especially with that comfy 19mm string spacing..

10. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    That Forte to the right tho.....:drool:

andynj65 and dpaul like this.
  11. gclark51

gclark51 Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Vilonia, AR
    None
    NBD! 79D80A75-F22A-45B4-B913-44D014248DC5. 8402BBCA-858C-461A-A132-CA3E7BC51176.
    NS-5XL 2019 NAMM bass. Rather thin neck. Plays as good as it looks.

Attached Files:

12. Thundar

Thundar Living in sin at the Holiday Inn

Just Beautiful, Glenn! Congrats!

andynj65, kev451 and gclark51 like this.
  13. Congrats on the great looking bass! I remember this one on NAMM Spector booth! The one on the left

Attached Files:

14. jack7265

jack7265 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    Congratulations, Glenn. Nice looking bass...:thumbsup:

gclark51 and andynj65 like this.
  15. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    She is Water Cured Redwood Cap on Black walnut. 3pc Wenge Neck, with a Wenge Frettboard.
    #710 B-Day was 7/25/2010. She is #2 of 2 made.
    DSC00550.JPG
    DSC00553.JPG
    DSC00554.JPG

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    jack7265, bassgiant15, Zitch and 16 others like this.
  16. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    These basses had originated during the Kramer years & as you know most players are using the NS2 or NS4 4 string basses along with the Euro and Korean versions. I actually purchased my Forte5 while I played at church because of the vocalists switching the keys of the songs. The 5 string is now going to be played with my new band we named Chroma with songs like Mudshovel-Stained, The Reason-Hoobastank, The Red-Chevelle, Headstrong-Trapot & Change-Deftones being covered, what type of music do you play? I purchased DR Pure Blues nickel coated strings for this bass as I switched an NS2 that started having problems with the Ernie Ball Cobalt strings, they replaced them without an argument once they asked the type of bass I was using them on. I do have the 18V in an NS4 fretless bass running a set of EMG DC pickups, basically the 18V is the 9V Haz that was converted so that it can be used to run the DC pickups, its tone difference is naturally in the pickups themselves except for in my case as the bass has flat wound strings using an ebony neck, there are others who have the fretted instruments that can join in to discuss the 18V. If its balance is due to a neck dive we do have guys who use the Hipshot tuners that can assist plus if you would like to reduce weight you can order an aluminum bridge which they call the Helium model, my bass balances perfectly but in all honesty when it was made the thin neck I ordered I also requested to run through the body rather than blend it at the neck location so I decided to try the standard tuners first.

andynj65 and Road Hat like this.
  17. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    AWWW, it is a Helium bass already so you should also have the aluminum bridge....Hipshot will assist you with any dive for sure.

18. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Very nice Anton....

anton72 likes this.
  19. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Outstanding, looks like you grabbed the one at Bennett they needed to sell so they could bring in the next round of basses being built....great store and perfect for a central Spector Hang location some day.

gclark51 likes this.
  20. gclark51

gclark51 Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Vilonia, AR
    None
    Anton, that is sweet!!

anton72 likes this.