1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    Ordered my # 3 and 4 Spectors (1 and 2 are Coda 5s).. matching black and white (new style) Performers. Black is in, white is back ordered. Hipshot Drop Ds are also on backorder... argh!

A6F5E535-9C6F-418B-AD18-CBF1F240DE8D.

The Rage, kev451, scottm and 12 others like this.
  2. iceboxbass

iceboxbass Living the Dream! Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    And beautifully done my man!:woot: I believe that’s the first oil body ReBop I’ve seen. Love the richness that was brought out in the body woods and such a rich looking fretboard. I went the same exact route as you when I discovered Spector with BlackCherry Legend and nat ReBop 5 DLX with the exception of my ReBop was newer with the MOP inlays. Congratulations! Now if your next Spector is the same as my third Spector I’ll be freaked out!;):laugh:

3. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Heeeey Trace! Good to see ya back man! Wow! What a rescue that was! From a “Fire bass” to a “flood bass”:cool: Nicely done. :thumbsup:

Tracebassplayer and andynj65 like this.
  4. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    This!!!:thumbsup: Rod installed the 18V HAZ in my Forte 5DLX that I got from him and it has a nasty growling disposition! You’ll not regret it! I surmise that you’re possibly speaking a 9V HAZ? Another great pre but twice the price of the 18V HAZ. Go with the 18V HAZ.

P.S. I’m glad that you bought it before I’d seen it...I’d been chasing a WCR NS-5DLX for some years...Congratulations!

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    jack7265, Rod Harder and andynj65 like this.
  5. iceboxbass

Feb 22, 2010
    Michigan
    Congratulations! Nice looking bass!:thumbsup::) I’ve not seen a white Performer or black I believe for that matter. :cool: Great basses. I’ve owned a red Performer. Good bang for the buck!:bassist: Good to see them go with the P/J configuration.

patrickj and andynj65 like this.
  6. Devnor

Devnor

Nov 13, 2001
    Dallas TX
    Yeah, that's the bass. 18V. Great seller btw. Seems premature to be thinking about modding a bass I have yet to play but my OCD will get the best of me. So it must be brought back to spec. Thanks guys!

iceboxbass, Road Hat, e.rich and 3 others like this.
  7. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    Yesterday, just mailed a set of Optima Unique 24 Kt Gold strings to Jimmy for set up of my NS4 order. Guess it's getting close to NBD. Can't wait.

Waited forever to get the strings here to send, they came from Germany. The new NS4 will, I'm sure, be a real player for me, and will be a great addition to my other 3.
    Optima Unique 24 KT Gold.

8. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

Yes!!

9. cmcbass

cmcbass

Jan 4, 2018
    Minneapolis
    Thanks! I'm excited to finally put some play time in on it today. I played a little through my rumble 25, but I'm going to take it out to my rehearsal space and run it through my 8x10 set-up tonight!

10. Torn Bassist

Torn Bassist

Feb 8, 2013
    Missouri
    Yes, sorry Barnett Music Exchange, they are on Facebook.

yeldarb69 (Brad) likes this.
  11. Devnor

Devnor

Nov 13, 2001
    Dallas TX
    Yeah Barnett Music. Walked right by their booth at Dallas guitar show had no idea they carried Spector.

12. Tracebassplayer

Tracebassplayer Sometimes Darkness Can Show You The Light.

Dec 15, 2000
    Portland, OR
    that's not as bad as the 2000 NS2J I restored... house fire burn victim... check out my 2000 ns2j firebass thread...
    Thanks, Ice!
    This one was a bit easier to refinish. The hard part was the fretboard repair.

I did find that only the edges of the cavity closest to the body edge need to be widened to fit the korean haz preamp... and the pot holes reamed a tad.. i used a 1" dremel belt drum sander... looks more like a waterwheel, than a drum... and a rattail file on the pot holes...
    I installed Dunlap Flush mount straplocks last night.. FB_IMG_1557965779580.

13. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    Something decidedly old school will be en route soon.... :whistle:

Cannot. Wait. :thumbsup:

kev451, iceboxbass, dpaul and 5 others like this.
  14. gclark51

gclark51 Supporting Member

Dec 25, 2014
    Vilonia, AR
    None
    Eddie, what’s the difference between the regular Optima gold and the Unique?

15. Hello Spector owners!
    I have a somewhat strange request. I'm trying to spec out a custom built bass from a local builder in Sweden. I'm going to (no pun intended) base the bass on the Spector NS-2000/5 (the early 2000's Korean neck through model), inspired by Dan Briggs of Between the Buried and Me.

The only thing stopping me from getting an actual NS-2000/5 DB model is the narrow string spacing. I cant deal with anything but 19 mm at this point, regardless of the bass being a 4- or 5-string (the bass in my avatar is amazing, but I can't deny that 18 mm spacing still feels too narrow for me). It will also be a 36" scale bass.

Anyway, back to the request. What I need from a NS-2000 owner is the following measurements (preferably in millimeters as I use the metric system):

- Thickness of the body at its thickest (these are pretty beefy basses)
    - Distance from the bridge to the bridge pickup
    - Distance from the bridge pickup to the neck pickup

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  16. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    They seem to have a little lower tension. I don't know about any construction differences, but that is how they feel.

Supposedly Optima noted them as having an advantage in studio applications. Whatever that really means. So far, I like them better than the others. But they sound great on every stage I've been on.

17. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    E9E98953-AE4F-42D5-8D40-6B4ECC049295. Picture of the back of the headstock of the New Euros. This just made me sad :rollno:

BrentSimons and jack7265 like this.
  18. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    Ugh, that's too bad.

Though I guess it makes sense to remove Stuart's signature. But they could have left it at Euro Series. Handcrafted in the Czech Republic.

I am relieved it doesn't say Spector by Korg.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  19. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    Yes I agree had It said Korg...it just would lose something.

jack7265 likes this.
  20. Me too . :( I saw a couple that still had the "Stuart Spector" embossed gold writing. I would have thought they could have figured that out and continued? But its probably some legal beagle copyright thing.