1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. packrat

packrat Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    California
    Not solderless, but not that hard to do.

2. gidbass

gidbass Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Thats an option for sure. I've had a P with the GZR and a Jazz with the Model J's in the past and loved both so I'm sure the pairing is probably excellent.

Thanks for the input!

anton72 likes this.
  3. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
    right here
    SOLD - PRICE DROP Spector Korean Haz 9v Bass Preamp

dpaul likes this.
  4. gravesbass

gravesbass Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Jose, CA
    Endorsing Artist: MesaBoogie-SpectorBass-Dunlop-EMG Pickups-Darkglass-Hipshot
  5. MatchFive

MatchFive Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2019
    So I was having a high pitched hum when I had the tone knob turned up. I finally got around to opening up the back to look at the solder connections. I found two spots that looked at bit sketchy. I re-soldered the two spots and the hum is almost gone. It is still slightly there, but greatly reduced to the point that it is now a non issue.. I guess it was 5 minutes until quiting time in Korea when mine was soldered up.. :D

andynj65, dpaul and The Rage like this.
  6. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    Wow - new amp day. Berg B Amp.
    She sounds pretty great with the Single 12" Schroeder and the Bahama Blue NS4.

May be the new live amp, and the Genzler MG800 could go to rehearsal.

upload_2019-8-5_16-4-9.

7. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    If anyone out there in the Club is looking, I'm likely going to be moving my Forte 4 soon. Aggie Super Singles with the Darkglass ToneCapsule. She's a beast for sure. Club discount applies, naturally.

For Sale - Spector USA Forte 4SS (#090)

IMG_2833.JPG IMG_2835.JPG IMG_2836.JPG IMG_2840.JPG IMG_2842.JPG IMG_2844.JPG

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  8. johndb

johndb Bass is the Place! Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Hi everyone. Today is the one year anniversary of my bilateral lung transplant! Overall, I'm doing well...no rejection, and I don't need any supplemental oxygen. I'm still having an issue with fluid accumulation around my heart and lungs though, and the Transplant team is trying to sort that out. Lots of meds for the rest of my life, but I have a much better chance at a longer life than with my native lungs that were severely damaged by Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. My hands are almost recovered, but still some numbness, tingling, and reduced strength and range of motion. But I can PLAY! I'm very blessed and very fortunate to have been healthy enough to qualify for a transplant. Please consider signing up to be an organ donor if you are not one already. You will save many lives. Thank you,
    - John

9. Cantstandsya

Cantstandsya Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
    Did you have to order a shorter Model J or did the standard size fit ?

10. It’s their standard size as I know. The bass came to me equipped with them already.

Cantstandsya likes this.
  11. @johndb I just learned my mother had been diagnosed with the same.

12. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    So good to hear this

andynj65, johndb and The Rage like this.
  13. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Obviously, I can't "like " this post. IPF is relatively rare, and doesn't get much attention compared to something much more prevalent like cancer and heart disease. It mostly affects older people (65 and up) but was diagnosed at age 51. Unfortunately, a lot of the people affected don't qualify for transplant due to other medical problems. I'm one of the lucky ones who did. My thoughts and prayers for your mother. Also unfortunately, there are rare familial genetic issues that can increase the chance of it being passed down to children. This is not common, but might be something to keep an eye on and consult with your doctor as well.

TolerancEJ likes this.
  14. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Thanks, Gary! I'm trying not to let anything slow me down too much, but I have to be extra careful about germs because of all the immunosuppressants I'm on. I'm still trying to avoid large crowds (no NAMM or big events for a while), upped my safe food handling game, and sanitize and wash constantly. Still somehow I just ended up with C-Diff in the last month or so

Rod Harder likes this.
  15. jack7265

jack7265 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    Glad to hear your doing okay, overall. I've been an organ donor for quite a few years now. If any of my organs are usable when my time comes, I would like to think that I could help give someone else a second chance.

16. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    John, this is fantastic news to hear my friend! Will raise a glass in your honor this evening, and wishing you many healthy years to come!!!

17. fretno

fretno Supporting Member

May 10, 2009
    Los Angeles
  18. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Thanks. Rob! Definitely have a drink for me. I'm not doing any alcohol because of all the meds I'm taking. A small price to pay, for sure

japhy4529, NOLA Bass and andynj65 like this.
  19. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    None
    John. So happy for you. Keep getting stronger and heal up Amigo. Blessings.

johndb likes this.
  20. Relayer71

Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    I can relate - I was diagnosed with Marfan Syndrome 9 years ago, a rare genetic condition (also hereditary) that can affect the heart, lungs and eyes, and found out when I had to get emergency open heart surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm (which could have killed me in a few months time had I not gone for a cardio checkup). This was around the time I decided, after an 8 year music break, to pick up bass full time. (Had been playing guitar since age 16, picked up a bass few years later for recording but wasn't dedicated to it). Surgery recovery was a bitch, not to mention the psychological issues that come with knowing how fragile I was (and how fragile life could be at any moment - a year after surgery, I had to get a pacemaker implanted).

An incredibly stressful and ugly separation and divorce followed 2 years after my surgery. Since then the relationship with my oldest daughter has crumbled, my ex-wife passed away after a one-year battle with cancer, leaving me a full time dad of my youngest daughter who has had to deal with her own anxieties, not to mention the pain of losing her mom.

Sorry for the long post, don't mean to write my auto-biography - my point being that, even after all this, I am so glad be alive because there is joy to be had in so many things, even the little things. And playing bass the last year or so (finally, after a period of relative calm in my life) and becoming addicted to Spector basses in particular, has brought me a lot of joy.

So, Johndb, glad you got your transplant and are able to play. Keep healing!

And TolerancEJ, sorry to hear about your mom - I wish her (and your family) lots of luck.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019