1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. GallienUser

GallienUser

Feb 26, 2006
    Germany
    Hi guys.
    Can the pickups on a Euro 5 SSD be wired/soldered in a way that only one coil per pickup is actually on? Effectively turning a 2 humbucker into a 2 single coil bass?
    I really like the sound of my Spector NS5H2 when I pull the volume pots, turning single coil mode on and would like to achieve the same effect without switching pickups on my Euro.
    -GU

2. ThisYouCanTrust

ThisYouCanTrust

Jun 10, 2019
    Hey, I'm interested too if it's not sold yet :)

3. sonojono

sonojono Supporting Member

4. e.rich

e.rich undersecretary of enablement Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2011
    W. Newbury, MA
    I also have an SD5P that I’m thinking about moving for anyone who is interested. Pm for info. And club pricing applies, naturally.

5. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    leto, The Rage, Bass Man Dan and 18 others like this.
  6. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
  7. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    B18229EE-1ABD-4DAF-AB84-D5C16477D107.jpeg 2D7FDED6-C36C-48A8-B9BB-2E24BB51BD52.jpeg AB351BB5-FF92-4F43-BB70-020F71E1D8F5.jpeg 9C132AAD-E63F-4AD0-912D-2E37DEBF827B.jpeg I was told this is a Czech SSD.
    Does that make sense?

Zitch, The Rage, Ellery and 7 others like this.
  8. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    Endorsing artist: Bergantino Audio Systems
    The Rage, andynj65 and e.rich like this.
  9. dpaul

dpaul Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Florence, NJ
    andynj65 and e.rich like this.
  10. dpaul

dpaul Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Florence, NJ
    Photo of me playing my 2015 Forte 5W with Arhouse at City Streets in East Windsor NJ on Friday night. This bass absolutely SLAYS, and I feel has almost become a part of me. I think I’m going to keep her this time :thumbsup:

Attached Files:

11. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Forte Collector - not done yet Supporting Member

That's great news. Looks like a great bass, and I'm sure you'd regret it immediately if you sold it.:thumbsup::)

Wolf Tower 5, dpaul and andynj65 like this.
  12. dpaul

dpaul Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Florence, NJ
    I regretted even having to list it! I truly regretted having to sell the first Forte 5 I had (walnut stain) because it was my first custom bass ever built just for me. I am really hoping to be able to hold on to this one. You know what I’m saying Rod, being that you own several Forte’s. Special basses...

13. jack7265

jack7265 Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    :thumbsup:

dpaul likes this.
  14. So I have a $500 credit to American Musical Supply and a 3-Knob Stacked 18v HAZ preamp laying around, I didn't use it on what it was bought for. So they have a decent stock of Spector basses, so what affordable (under 1,300) would you purchase with the intention of replacing the preamp immediately. I am looking for the best hardware and build quality, there doesn't seem to be much information about the differences on these newer Korg versions. Any help would be appreciated. Oh looks like they have a
    Legend 4 Neck Thru Bass Faded Blue Gloss for 1,125 let me know what you think.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    Wolf Tower 5 likes this.
  15. jack7265

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    That's a good price considering that it's 1,500 at Sweetwater. Not sure about the preamp, it's an OBP-2 in the Sweetwater ad. I'd try it out and see what you think before changing anything. I've head some that like the OBP-2.

16. under
    I have a Euro with the OPB 3 and love it. Just searching for a different combination.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    jack7265 likes this.
  17. jack7265

Apr 24, 2011
    Avondale, La
    A Darkglass Tone Capsule would be a nice preamp, assuming that the bass has passive pickups in it.

18. I have an American Hazlab waiting to install in whatever I get, I just dont know what it will fit in, and the new models don't have a lot of information about the hardware used on the newer models.

19. grimmchaos

grimmchaos Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2007
    Albany, NY
    I relisted my Euro5LX in the classifieds if anyone is looking for one.

20. Rod Harder

Rod Harder Forte Collector - not done yet Supporting Member

You're going to have an extra hole that you'll need to put a dummy pot into the bass you're going to install it into, given it's a 3 knob Haz 18V. That being said it'll fit into any current Spector bass, the balance control and stacked bass and treble control are circuit board mounted and the spacing will fit into the spacing of any new Spector.