1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016

And another WTH??!!!! What is wrong with people!!

johnsonabq likes this.
  2. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    ikr?

3. johnsonabq

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    If I could find the right Euro5 I'd love to throw a HAZ in it and welcome it to the family.

bassgiant15 and AB Nate like this.
  4. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    That one you had is the nicest IMO euro I’ve seen.

5. johnsonabq

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    That was a limited edition euro. Yeah, should'a kept it. That and the wimbish would make the perfect pair for the family.

TB7.jpg

Number 6 of 7

DSCN1495.jpg

6. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    And that is a black painted maple neck?

7. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    Man! That is awesome. Why did you ever get rid of that one?

johnsonabq and bste9 like this.
  8. bste9

bste9 Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    yeah you totally shoulda kept that! or waited to sell to me. These are like the holy grail Spectors for me. I love that look!

TinIndian and johnsonabq like this.
  9. johnsonabq

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    I'll be honest and pass that to anyone who knows for sure. Paint/Stain I don't know.
    Ah, it's been a problem of mine. ;) I used to be a big flipper of basses. Always seeing the greener grass somewhere else. (sigh)
    I know of one at least in the club here (@gclark51 ) with one of the four strings. I think they might've made 10 of those. You still have that Glenn?

TinIndian and tbz like this.
  10. Relayer71

Relayer71 Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    That's probably my favorite of all the Limited Edition Euros Spector has done (after that, the LE77, then the Spalted Maple). Love that finish and color.

Was there another Matte finish color combo that year or the year before? I remember the Blue/Black and Red/Black LEs but those were glossy. I feel like there was another similar one with Matte.

bste9 likes this.
  11. bassgiant15

bassgiant15 Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Im thinking for my Euro 5 I’ll probably try to go with an SNC pre or the Tonepump

johnsonabq likes this.
  12. Relayer71

Relayer71 Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    Came across this LE, but think it was UK only.

Green LE.jpg

13. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    I'm 99% sure that it's painted maple. It's the same thing Dingwall does with the Blackout Neck option.

Spector will do that on a US bass, if you ask them...;)

johnsonabq likes this.
  14. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    Thought so... and FWIW, your painted necks are gonna become a bit of a rarity I here.
    They aren’t offering it up any more afaik

pbass6811 likes this.
  15. tbz

tbz

Jun 28, 2013
    California
    With the way Spector used prices worked out a few years ago, I feel like we were all quite guilty of this lol.

Euros were like $1000. Even nearly new, rarer models would be $1200-1400.

Most NS2/4s were around 2500-3500 used. All Maple Fortes were generally under or at about 2k used.

Made them feel like they were easy to acquire and that there’d always be someone willing to sell a model you wanted, at a reasonable price, if you just waited long enough.

Today’s market is very different lol.

I know I wouldn’t have sold my 4 Euros, if I knew they’d increase in price by 50% or so.

andynj65, johnsonabq and e.rich like this.
  16. japhy4529

japhy4529 this is only a test... Supporting Member

Sounds very familiar! I lost count how many basses I've gone through over the past 6 years (bought plenty before 2015, however, my "peak-bass buying" period was between 2015-2019). Some people go through a midlife crisis and buy fast cars. Me? I bought lots of basses. Lots and lots of basses.

TinIndian, gclark51, andynj65 and 6 others like this.
  17. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    yeah, I've slowed down too. only 5-6 so far this year. that's slow for me.

andynj65, pbass6811, jack7265 and 6 others like this.
  18. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    I've bought and sold a ton myself over the last few years also.
    For me its only 5 or 6 strings !

19. 68Goldfish

68Goldfish Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Port Orchard WA
    I’ve had a ton of basses over the last twenty years myself. I’d generally be comfortable in the 1000-1500 dollar range. Bought and sold lots of fenders, MM’s, G&L’s even a Rick. Wasn’t until I bucked up, what to me was an unprecedented amount of money for a Warwick SS2 five string that things started to escalate. It wasn’t long after that that I convinced myself that the greatest bass if all time was just another monetary leap that had to be done. Since then I’ve managed to buy four NS-2’s. Expensive as hell in todays market but worth every last penny to me. I think with that my bass buying days are over.

gclark51, andynj65 and jack7265 like this.
  20. dirkhh

dirkhh Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2021
    Portland, OR
    You people are NOT good for me... I have bought three this year and was certain that I was an outlier... I didn't realize an outlier on which side we were talking about... :roflmao:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021