SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I've played heavy basses that sound awesome and ones that sound like crap. Same thing with light basses. Im with you, I don't buy it. The reason I think you see that on Spectors is that Maple is a lot of times quite heavy and most Spectors have at least thick Maple Tops and many that are solid maple wings. Most will weigh more others are light. My 87 NS2A is all maple, sounds great and is one of the lighter basses I own. Never bothered to weigh it.

Relayer71 and bobunit like this.
  2. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Anyone here know which d'addario scale length is needed for a Euro5lx? Will the long scale fit these? Spector.com says they come strung with EXL170-5. Just trying to confirm that I don't need to order the Super Longs before I spend the money.

upload_2021-6-8_11-44-37.png

3. hbabels

hbabels Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    The normal long scale should work great for a 35” scale. I’ve only had them corn up short on a multi scale like a Dingwall
    which need their super long scale strings

zachbass02 and fibz like this.
  4. great band. hugh stoner fan from the early beginning.
    We call that big sound in German ATOM STROM GITARREN...
    sound, that can only be achieved with nuclear power.
    I once witnessed that power at a Fu Manchu concert.
    The wall of sound was so big, you could feel the air hitting your face like a tsunami

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    andynj65, TinIndian and NOLA Bass like this.
  5. PaulCliff

PaulCliff

May 11, 2019
    Hello everyone!! I’m pulling the trigger on a Spector fretless that I found for sale......but I couldn’t find any info about the bass specs....
    I mean....scale...weight....string spacing, preamp and pickups?
    That’s the bass
    If anyone can help please
    Really appreciate

Attached Files:

6. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Nice bass, bro! By no means an expert, but it looks like:
    Euro 5LX
    It's either a 35"(most likely) or a 34" scale.
    Spacing is probably standard Spector 5-string spacing which is 16.5mm, I think? I could be way wrong about that...
    Looks to have EMG 40s of some variety, probably DCs. It probably has the TonePump preamp. That's the standard Spector Euro preamp. Obviously, that could've been swapped for something else, but I'd start there.
    Weight? Could be 9lbs, could be 12lbs...LOL! Hard to say. Do you have any communication with the seller?

7. PaulCliff

PaulCliff

May 11, 2019
    Thanks for your reply!!
    Just trying to contact the seller.....
    The bass is on the ad for about few weeks....not much of description.... only Spector fretless....quite rare..... emg pickups, made in Europe. That’s all.
    Price is ok.
    I just wanted to know a bit more as I’m eyeing at the moment this bass and a Tony Franklin fretless (almost new)
    They come at the same price

8. Relayer71

Relayer71 Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    I wonder if a previous owner had it defretted? Has Spector ever produced fretless Euros?

9. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Judging by the serial # it should be a 2003 Euro5 (not LX).
    35" scale and solid maple body wings.
    The 2001- early 2004 Euro4/5's are the best of the Euro/Czech basses.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    fibz, e.rich, andynj65 and 3 others like this.
  10. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the price?

I have a Spector Fretless and it’s a beast!!! It’s time is way more awesome then I imagined prior to getting it and it probably has very similar electronics to yours.

11. PaulCliff

PaulCliff

May 11, 2019
    The owner is asking AUD 1950 that should be around US 1500 hopefully can get a bit of discount paying in cash:)

12. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    Is it in good shape? If so sound like a score

13. PaulCliff

PaulCliff

May 11, 2019
    Seeing all the pictures seems in really good shape, the fretboard still really good and there is not dings around, I’m trying to book an inspection as it is located about 2 hours drive from me

AB Nate likes this.
  14. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    8E207FF8-4283-4D4E-A663-D232ED9DA678.jpeg
    One of the best Fretless bases I’ve played/owned. Probably second best.

15. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    Good luck!!!

PaulCliff likes this.
  16. PaulCliff

PaulCliff

May 11, 2019
    Wow you have a six strings? Simply beautiful:):)
    What about the dot markers on the side? There is one every frets? Or just on the 1st 3rd 5th......?

17. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    On the fret at the 1st,3rd,5th etc. It would be nice if it had the fret markers on every fret like my other Fretless but it’s doable.
    C48C0890-7E8D-4F29-9F0F-D55A61C9530E.jpeg 6B4D5F93-1FEF-47D6-97E0-0BD55311DF6C.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  18. pbass6811

pbass6811 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    If you hang out long enough, my friend, you'll see that my brother, @AB Nate, has one of the finest bass collections on TB! They're not all Spectors, but they're all [email protected]$$! His collection is all killer, no filler!

19. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    Ha! Thanks Brother but that’s not entirely true. I’ve got some killer filler in the classifieds!!!

pbass6811 likes this.
  20. Relayer71

Relayer71 Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    Arthur U. Poon and AdamR like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021