SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. marchone

marchone Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2009
    NYC
    That’s unusual.

2. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Heads up guys. My old Dimension 5 is listed on Facebook as "open box" by its third owner. It's priced as new.

fibz, tbz and monsterthompson like this.
  3. wolfkeller

wolfkeller Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2013
    detroit
    Hey all, I'm looking to pickup a trim tonepump and/or a SNC for a new bass. Message me if anyone will sell one.

NigelD likes this.
  4. StormC93

StormC93

Jun 11, 2011
    Is a 2006 Euro 5LX worth $1500? I'm really looking at a Skyler Acord signature but this is a back up if that falls through.

Rod Harder likes this.
  5. Spooge

Spooge Supporting Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Missouri
    I’m not sure what your budget max is but might hit up Jason with fret nation. At one time I had gotten an offer of $2099 for a brand new euro 5 lx in matte black stain.

bste9 likes this.
  6. bste9

bste9 Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    St. Louis
    i think that is a fair used price as long as its in good condition

TinIndian and Relayer71 like this.
  7. NigelD

NigelD Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2013
    IMG_20210611_023224604.jpg IMG_20210611_023255713.jpg IMG_20210611_023427652 (1).jpg 20191003_034923.jpg 20191003_035000.jpg

First dibs for club members.
    SNC 3 Band Haz Clone + EMG 35 DC or EMG 35 CS $185 shipped.
    (will sell individual items)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    fibz, TinIndian and bste9 like this.
  8. fibz

fibz

Jan 1, 2014
    Germany
  9. StormC93

StormC93

Jun 11, 2011
    I unfortunately have account credit tied up at Guitar Center so I'm forced to consider what I can get through them.

Spooge and lizardking837 like this.
  10. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    (sigh) Prices have gone up. :(

56621079.jpg :smug:

e.rich, tbz and AB Nate like this.
  11. NigelD

NigelD Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2013
    If you want to pay for Int shipping/duties etc.

12. StormC93

StormC93

Jun 11, 2011
    Looks like I'm a liar and will be receiving an actual refund from Guitar Center since I received two defective basses in a row. I'll probably be purchasing my first Spector directly from Fret Nation.

13. yeldarb69 (Brad)

yeldarb69 (Brad) Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    You won't regret it......Better service you will not find......

Arthur U. Poon, Thundar, tbz and 2 others like this.
  14. NickBassCentral

NickBassCentral Commercial User

May 8, 2021
    Orlando, Florida
    Bass Central
    Hey there!
    Nick from Bass Central chiming in. I have to say, this is one of the coolest U.S.A Spector's that have ever come through our door. We keep it in the box, of course. We also have a ton of other cool Spectors (U.S.A, Euro, etc.) in stock. If you're ever bored, check out our website to take a peek at what we've got!

PMagers, TinIndian and andynj65 like this.
  15. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I’ve had the long scale come up short on a Lakland that I was stringing through the body. Just wasn’t sure if being bridge loaded on a 35” scale was ok with them or if I needed super longs. Thanks!

hbabels likes this.
  16. hbabels

hbabels Supporting Member

Jul 26, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    No problem. Yeah I could see maybe a through body 35” scale coming up a tad short.

zachbass02 likes this.
  17. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    I finally had time to tweak the pickup heights on my Euro 4 LX yesterday. I didn't have time to when I swapped in the EMG X's a while back. I did that and put on a fresh set of DR High Beams before my gig last night. What an incredible difference, turned an already great sounding bass into an absolute Beast! Man I wish I would have taken a few minutes to get to that earlier! Wow!

18. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Many years ago D'Addario regular Long Scales, the outer winding would come up just short of the nut on 35" scale Spectors. The Super Long scales were not a good alternative as the outer windings went too far, causing the outer windings of the B and sometimes E to wrap around the tuners.

I don't know if I had anything to do with it, but I complained to D'Addario about this issue and about a year later they started extending the outer winding about 1/4" on all their regular Long Scale sets, making them the perfect length for both 34" and 35" scale Spectors.

19. MikeSpector

MikeSpector

May 14, 2018
    I dont put as much into the weight as I do the maple. The bass has great tone and I still grin when I plug it in. The low B is perfect. I am lookung for a 4 string version but prices are crazy.

TinIndian likes this.
  20. bobunit

bobunit I'm here. Now what?

Jul 15, 2008
    Idaho
    I like the idea, but the execution looks a bit tacky. Especially with a $6500.00 price tag. I like this idea. Not sure if it was Spector, luthier or DIY, but it looks good to me.
    CIMG2101_0.jpg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021