SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. PhishPhan22

PhishPhan22

Jun 23, 2020
    I think it’ll be hard for me to let go of the Spector if I do! I’m just a PRS guy and the grainger is phenomenal! But i really like have the Spec in the jam scene. With the Bart and the dark glass with compressor and the genzler rig it is more deep an throaty an doesn’t do the muffled jacco type sound that is common in jam, but it can pull off a very modern sound that isn’t metal or heavy, the higher notes still poke through an the lows hit sssooo nice! You have to pay alot more money to get the PRS to hit the lows of the Spector an the B string is best. Playing the PRS neck an all the tonal options are what is getting me. It’s going to be a tough call but from your post I think you would LOVE the Euro 5 with the darkglass and barts I usually put it on the neck pickup more and it’s a thumper! Slapn is amazing

Arthur U. Poon likes this.
  2. fibz

fibz

Jan 1, 2014
    Germany
    Tuners are easy, they are copies of Gotoh GB7 (or now GB707). Other high q examples are Schaller M90 Light or Hipshots ultralite. Just loosen the screw on the back then the washer and swap em out.
    Bridge replacement are available for gold or black. Never saw black chrome. Three screws. Don’t know where you located, I could name a few dealers in Europe (I’m from Germany) with the manufacturer as those bridges are OEM and they go with several brand names.
    here’s my Rex, which also uses korean hardware like yours. Changed from black to gold.
    02506FDE-58D6-4DC9-B404-51D06AFC3D41.jpeg

3. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    dude. Easy fix. Just put up some wall hangers and you can get a bunch more basses.

bobunit and jack7265 like this.
  4. Mikewhittaker

Mikewhittaker

Jul 10, 2021
    You would really really like this new Spector with the EMG TW's and tone pump.

Attached Files:

TonyP- and Arthur U. Poon like this.
  5. ThisYouCanTrust

ThisYouCanTrust

Jun 10, 2019
    For me it's purely about the money - now that I have a house I realize how much of a time and money sink it actually is !
    Many big advantages of course, but they come at a cost ..

6. Eddie LeBlanc

Eddie LeBlanc

Oct 26, 2014
    Beaumont, Texas
    Don't create no problem, won't be no problem.
    Yes.

7. RandalPinkFloyd

RandalPinkFloyd

Jun 3, 2012
    Thanks, for some reason I thought it'd be complicated.

fibz and Mikewhittaker like this.
  8. Relayer71

Relayer71 Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    Well, yeah, that too! I don't have an endless supply of money, especially with a daughter starting college this year.

9. bassgiant15

bassgiant15 Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses

Dec 19, 2005
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
    Love the one on the far right! :)
    One day I think I need to do a USA build in that stain! That is walnut correct?

10. PhishPhan22

PhishPhan22

Jun 23, 2020
    416A5758-D4BC-4727-99CB-1475FE99FF3B.jpeg So I’m being offered $1800 for a Spector Euro 5Lt “the darkglass preamp if I have the wrong model number” and Bart pickups. Idk if I should take it, that’s damn near $1000 off retail, and it’s in great shape still and barely a year in my care if that… nothing wrong with it at all… what you all think? 8F020260-3AA7-401A-9EFC-7094303E8942.jpeg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    BrentSimons, AB Nate and TonyP- like this.
  11. Nakoatron

Nakoatron Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    That's about the sales price for used euros

BrentSimons and TonyP- like this.
  12. Mikewhittaker

Mikewhittaker

Jul 10, 2021
    I see them on line from 1800 to 2200

13. Nakoatron

Nakoatron Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2017
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Look at completed and sold

Mikewhittaker and BrentSimons like this.
  14. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Price seems about right but that said, I’m sure it’s a great bass at that. If you could get it for $1500-1600 you’d be getting yourself a nice deal. $1800 is fair though from what I’ve seen.

15. fibz

fibz

Jan 1, 2014
    Germany
    Nahh, easy. One thing that might occur is that you have to set up the bridge saddles‘ height to your own play style.
    Electronics are more complicated if you don’t use EMGs because of all the soldering. But that’s also no rocket science.

RandalPinkFloyd likes this.
  16. Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    $1800 is a fair price. Used Spectors can be a great bargain if you're buying, but sellers take quite a hit.

The same person willing to pony up $2800 for a new Euro5LT, will try to lowball you when you list a used one for $1800, as if $1000 off isn't enough :rollno:. Paypal and shipping fees do take a big bite.

I understand when selling something that is 10 years old and in just fair condition that you need to price accordingly, but I've seen some ridiculous deals on minty Spectors just a year old.

Mikewhittaker and BrentSimons like this.
  17. PhishPhan22

PhishPhan22

Jun 23, 2020
    Unfortunately it looks like I may fall into that category. It’s not even a year old, and I do understand the lost value for sure but with me not having it long I didn’t think a whole $1000 would be the listing, I could put it on reverb for a little higher but after paying their listing fee is it really that much a diff?

I was looking to use this as a trade for the PRS grainger. But idk if I can only get $1800 I might want to just hold off on PRS or make more payments, maybe the Spector euros will get a little more respect an worth once they circulate more with the darkglass preamp and the barts. Idk, but man idk now, idk if i can let it go that cheap even if that is the market I feel like less then a year old “the pics can pretty much shown how new it is” and then all it offers in build, parts, and appearance, maybe I should just keep it. Def could Increase in value over time, and eveb tho I play jam band stuff this bass can do a lot of great things. I just love that PRS grainger but idk if the end justify the means I just feel the Spector Euro should be a little bit more then that but of course I am the seller so it’s easy to feel that ways. Thanks for advice guys! Tough choice ahead!

Mikewhittaker likes this.
  18. Relayer71

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    I think the other issue is Spector prices have gone up a couple of times over the last few years (other brands, too) and people are expecting the same used prices from 5 or 6 years ago.

Potential buyers see 10 year old Euros going for $1000 to $1200 and expect the same price on a 2 year old one. Well, they were around $1700 new back then, not $2400 to $3000 now for a 4 string, depending on model.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  19. PhishPhan22

PhishPhan22

Jun 23, 2020
    Good call, I won’t sell it for $1800 they are offering way to much these days with Euro and Bart pickups and the darkglass pre neck and build and the paint job is just as good as any. I do want to trade it for a PRS but I won’t like let it go for the current market, I have mroe fairh that people will realize how much better they are now or I’ll willing to keep it an just know that I won’t let it go for that much less, I totally respect the offer cuz it is the average an about right, I jus think like you mentioned the market doesn’t get what’s changed.

20. marchone

marchone Since 1951 Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2009
    NYC
    For the collective Spector brain trust. What the closest one can get to a Forte 4 in a Euro model? New or used. Specifications first, then price?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021