SPECTOR® Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Mar 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Thundar

Thundar Supporting Member

10 or so years back, I had a ZeBop 4 and replaced the HZ's with the 35P & 35DC mated to a Tone Pump..why i got rid of that bass is beyond me, it sounded incredible!

2. BassikBrad

BassikBrad Bass Face Brad Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2018
    Las Vegas. New Mexico
    I have some 40DCX coming soon. Thinking about the EMG PJ (soap bar) versions too.
    Your comments about the BTS I find interesting, in that , listening to your comprehensive array of clips, my
    impression was, that the BTS was the least interesting & the HAZ variants were all great, I even liked the Tone pump.
    So, I don't know, perhaps other variables were coming in to play ?

Mikewhittaker likes this.
  3. Katoosie

Katoosie Chocolate is the best Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    IMG_20211014_081042.jpg

The usual suspects.
    i wanna take my spector out and take some pictures with the bass laying on the leaves but I'm working all day everydday this week and by the time I'm back home it's dark outside :p

4. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida

I just installed an SNC in my Rebop 5, not as pretty as yours but hey!, all I can tell you is do it! I'm running that with the 40P5 and 40DC combo and its amazing!

5. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Can you take it with you to work and do that on your break?

andynj65, Mikewhittaker and Katoosie like this.
  6. fibz

fibz

Jan 1, 2014
    Germany
    Depends which type of pickups (PJ/Singles vs. Dual Coil) you have. I like the BTS very much especially with dual coil pickups. Note that I only used one BTS mode. Other mode alter the sound into either more trebly or in the hi mid section.

Mikewhittaker and BassikBrad like this.
  7. Mikewhittaker

Mikewhittaker

Jul 10, 2021
    New Spectors just arrived at Ish guitars Screenshot_20211014-122748_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20211014-122742_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20211014-122733_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20211014-122727_Gmail.jpg

8. Katoosie

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    Haha I'll do it on the weekend and play in a forest :p

9. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Sounds fun

Katoosie likes this.
  10. Relayer71

Relayer71 Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2009
    NYC
    That Red Fade Gloss is nice.

11. Mikewhittaker

Mikewhittaker

Jul 10, 2021
    I thought so too

12. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Sorry for the not-so-great pictures, but I took them inside the sleeper of my semi-truck. The first shot is showing the calluses I’ve built up on my index, middle, and ring fingers over the last year and a half. I was home most of 2020, and the first part of 2021, recovering from surgery, so I’ve been spending a lot of time on my technique. Now that I’m back to work, I’m still hitting it hard.

I’m a 3-finger fingerstyle player, (I was influenced to play with this way after listening to the late, legendary Jazz master Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen.)

Look closely at the top of my bridge pickup, in between the strings. I’m already starting to “polish” them up.
    I’ve been logging a lot of time with this bass since I bought it. 693117D5-9578-4357-B47D-A3C82D884D2A.jpeg CC75C456-1348-483D-B243-4248FF65963F.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 6:55 PM
    bobunit, dpaul, Katoosie and 8 others like this.
  13. Mikewhittaker

Mikewhittaker

Jul 10, 2021
    Does anyone know where to get ..... Better way to ask on this site lol - who knows where to get a nice black leather Spector strap like this one? Everywhere I have checked seems to be sold out... Or maybe a better strap than this one? I have had the same brown leather strap for the last 30 years. Really nice, but it's time for a new one I think.... Screenshot_20211014-205115_Chrome.jpg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021 at 8:29 PM
    Arthur U. Poon likes this.
  14. Katoosie

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    Annnd looks like I won't be doing that this weekend. Just now, while I'm at work on a Friday, I got to know that I'm working during the weekend as well, 24hr shifts. Cool.

Maybe some time next week then...
    :(

15. Mikewhittaker

Mikewhittaker

Jul 10, 2021
    that sucks... What do you do for work that they keep you 24 hours? If you don't mind me asking.... Gets you some awesome basses though :bassist:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021 at 5:12 AM
    AudioTaper and Katoosie like this.
  16. Katoosie

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    I work as a personal assistant.

17. Mikewhittaker

Mikewhittaker

Jul 10, 2021
    I was thinking a nurse or Doctor Katoosie :woot:

18. Katoosie

Jun 12, 2020
    Sweden
    Yes in the future I would love to be a nurse. One day I'll go to school and become one, just not now :)

19. Those are made by RightOn. I always order mine directly from them and they arrive very quickly.
    I have one "B-Cork" strap and one "B-Charm" strap. I don't think they have any with the Spector name and logo, though.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2021 at 7:16 AM
  20. TinIndian

TinIndian Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Micco Florida
    These are awesome! Not much more than the Spector ones.

https://ergo-straps.com/products/ERGO-STRAPS-c34629606

I have a 4" one and even my new to me, somewhere north of 10lb, 2003 Euro 5 was very comfortable at last weeks gig.
    I am ordering a couple more and they are worth it.

Made in Chile.

Mikewhittaker and Katoosie like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 17, 2021