1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD SPECTOR 1980's NS-2A Neck-Through-Body 4-String - Kramer Era NS2A

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Jul 31, 2016.

1. jtlee

jtlee

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Price:
    Strings:
    This is a late 1980's Spector NS-2A, serial number NS1228 on the back plate. This model was Spector's first non-USA made bass, produced in Korea from 1987-1990 during the Spector/Kramer era. It's the import version of the USA NS-2 and feature the original curved body (which was designed by Ned Steinberger in 1977), 3-pc maple neck, maple body wings, passive PJ pickups rosewood fingerboard, 24 frets and dot markers.

This bass has been modified with Seymour Duncan passive pickups - Quarter Pound Precision neck pickup and a stacked single coil Jazz pickup with no markings. The DC resistances of the pickups are 10.9K (QP P) and 11.8K (Jazz); the Quarter Pound P is significantly louder than the Jazz (as the QP is a super hot pickup), but you counteract that by just rolling down the volume on the neck pickup. The pots are full size CTS setup with Volume/Tone for each pickup.

The bass is in Good to Very Good overall condition with just some finish wear on either side of the neck pickup (from anchoring and slapping) and some minor nicks here and there (nothing else that shows wood). No major dings, dents or cracks. The neck is straight, truss rod works in both directions, back of the neck is smooth with no issues, frets are in excellent condition. Fingerboard was oiled, frets polished, new nickelwound strings (45-105) and set up with low action. Comes with a non-original black gig bag. Specs:

Body: Maple Wings
    Neck: 3-Piece Maple, Neck Through Body, Heel-Less Cutaway
    Fingerboard: Rosewood
    Frets: 24
    Scale Length: 34" (860mm)
    Pickups: Seymour Duncan Quarter Pound P (neck), Seymour Duncan Stacked Single J (bridge)
    Controls: Volume, Tone, Volume Tone
    Bridge: Schaller
    Tuners: Schaller
    Finish: Black
    Weight: 8 lbs, 9 oz

SELLING FOR $595 SHIPPED IN THE CONTINTENTAL US (Priority Mail to AK/HI/PR/Guam/APO will be $25 extra). International shipping is no problem, just PM me for a quote. Thanks!

SpectorNS2A (1).JPG SpectorNS2A (2).JPG SpectorNS2A (3).JPG SpectorNS2A (4).JPG SpectorNS2A (5).JPG SpectorNS2A (7).JPG SpectorNS2A (8).JPG SpectorNS2A (6).JPG

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    ryan morris and waynobass like this.
  2. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    Mine!

xhawk5, Mikeymoto and DerekW like this.
  3. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, Florida
    Man! I just missed this on Sunday, ahhh! Been scouring for this Black NS2A for months. Good luck w/it.

4. Yeah, I was surprised it took a full 3 hours at that price, lol.

5. drumsnbass

drumsnbass Bassic User

Dec 13, 2004
    Phoenix AZ area
    Never tried one. If it's not my thing you'll be the first to know!

xhawk5 likes this.