SOLD Spector 1990 NS-2o

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Gimongous, Jul 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Price:
    $1850
    Strings:
    This bass is 26 years old but looks like brand new condition. The "o" designates a hand rubbed oil finish, kind of unusual. I think of it as somewhat of a transition bass between the NS-2A and NS-2 models. It does not have the crown inlays or the highly figured maple top of the NS-2 but in all other respects has the same quality build features that you would expect from a Spector bass.

Figured Maple body wings
    Maple neck
    Pau Ferro fingerboard, 34" scale
    EMG P/J pickups
    Spector (Haz-Lab) 9v preamp
    Weight: approx. 9.4 lbs
    Original Spector case

As you can see in the pictures, the bass is in superb condition. There are a few 3-4mm shallow belt buckle indentations on the back of the body but you have to look hard to find them. The case has a few cosmetic marks on the outside but is overall in VGC. The bass is set up with low action and really plays well. The few times I have gigged this bass, I found that rolling off the lows a little and boosting low mids brought out the HAZ Spector growl oh so well.

Non smoking home.

No issues with this bass, I play my Fender J primarily and need to free up the money in this bass for other projects.

Terms: $1850 shipped to CONUS, Paypal preferred
    Not interested in trades, though I am in the market for a Mesa Walkabout and would consider a WA plus cash deal.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 4, 2016
  2. SodaCity bass

SodaCity bass Proudly endorsing Dingwall Supporting Member

Aug 4, 2011
    Blythewood, SC
    Awesome bass! Being one of the previous owners of this bass, i can say that this is one of the special ns2o's. Whomever gets this bass will be truly happy with it.

3. Bass is on hold pending payment

SNCpre and 99Z3 like this.
  4. Sold! Bass on its way to new home.