Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector 2000/4 vs Warwick Corvette Std

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Alexvs, Jan 1, 2001.

1. Alexvs

Alexvs

Oct 18, 2000
    Kalmar, Sweden
    I have tried both basses, and I liked the Spector a little bit more. But it felt "loose", the strings rattled quite much, but it's alot cheaper than the Warwick. I there anythig to do about this "looseness"(?), will it help if the strings are changed?
    Does the Spector have the same quality as the Warwick?

Alex

2. basslax

basslax

Apr 20, 2000
    Washington, DC
    i felt that i had made a good choice when i bought my 2000/4 but when i tired the warwick corvette i fell in love with the warwick sound. warwick and spector are both two very respected companies so you cant go wrong with either. I think only once you get up to the $4000 range do you see a difference in quality (and in that instance i think spector does have a better record). i am going to sell my spector so i can get a corvette 4 or 5 string. i was always missing something with my spector and it was that low end growl that only a warwick can deliver. i will miss the spector...it is such a beautiful instrument :(.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

basslax, which Spector do you own? Does it have EMG Select or HZ pickups?

When you get into the Czech Spectors and the American Spectors, IMHO they blow away any Warwick in playability and sound.

And the American bolt ons are under $2000, and the fit & finish beats any Warwick I have ever seen, including the Streamer Stage series.

If you are talking a Korean Spector, they do not have the active EMG pickups and have an inferior preamps.

The good EMG stuff in the Czech and USA Spectors blow away the MEC electronics in the Warwicks.