Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector 20th anniversary

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nino Valenti, Mar 12, 2001.

1. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  2. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    I just saw that on ebay today, what a piece!

3. I know of someone who works at a local music store who owns a natural finished 20th anniversary Spector (creme de la creme)!!!
    Here's a site of someone who owns an extensive Spector collection including two, yes, two 20th anniversary Spectors.. lucky S.O.B.!!! Check out the site www.spectorworld.com

4. Wow that's a real beauty! and I know it sounds great!! I've seen this (these?) before, the inlays are different species of trout (in abalone I think), apparently Stuart's a big fly fisherman. Jeez, maybe I should offer him a trip to the wilderness of Newfoundland to do some serious flyfishing in exchange for a US Spector :D:D

5. The inlays are apparently made from abalone, aluminum and copper!
    If you can set Stu up with some deluxe accomodations for some fly fishing up there in Newfoundland (yikes, too cold for me this time of year) he just might take you up on the offer, ya never know!!!

6. Yup, it's pretty damn cold! and of course there's the 16 feet of snow we've had since December!
    I'm not serious about the fishing :D, if I could afford to take Stuart Spector to one of the deluxe lodges I could afford a Spector :D. It'd be fun though, we've got common interests, bass and flyfishing. Plus I don't mind saying that the fishing's amazing up here (trout and atlantic salmon). Guys like Dickey Betts and George Bush (Sr.) come up here every year for the fishing and hunting. Sigh..."now I gotta face stupid reality again!" But I will only be without a Spector for so long......

7. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    That's the guy that's selling it!!!! I've been on that site MANY TIMES!!!! When ever I think I own too many, I got to his site & tell my wife, "At least I don't have that many!!!"

8. Yeah it's 75 degrees down here and sunny (sorry)!
    Cool, there's george bush hunting in Canada (I didn't say that)!!!
    Maybe a very, very big trout catch will win you a Spector bass. Maybe Stu will sponsor a fishing conteset and the winner will receive a US NS Spector!!!

9. I guess the collection even got to steep for this guy!

10. The ad says it's never been played ???

How can anybassist own that and not play it. Not even once?

It's a stretch for me to believe, but who knows !!!

11. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Did you you see this guys website. He has a ton of Spectors!!!! http://www.spectorworld.com

12. THIS MAKES ME SMILE ALL OVER!!!

13. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    :D:D:D

(How could I not comment on a Spector thread:confused: )

14. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Blerg. That inlay is tastless. Grosses me out.
    But if you like it, that's OK with me - perverts... :p

15. Wow, now that's a nice bass. I wish i was like that guy, havin all those spectors. :) but oh well, maybe in the future :)

16. Although this has nothing to do with the 20th Anniversary Spector (sigh), I thought I'd let all you Spector fans out there know that there is a "scrach and dent" Czech figured black stain for sale at www.musiciansfriend.com for only $720! Perfect for someone who wants an excellent bass to PLAY, not collect. I'd buy it if I hadn't just bought a four string Czech. Too good an opportunity to pass up!!!
    RIZ, I belive you've been toying with the idea of buying one...

17. Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Anyone know the deal w/MF? They're selling alot of Czech's a @ cost!!! Are not an Authorized dealer or are they just Nucking Futs!!!!

18. They are an authorized Spector dealer. I've heard that the low priced Spector basses that M.F. are selling are basses from stores that were Spector dealers that went out of business or lost their right as a Spector dealer.

19. Alas, I must conceed that the wife won the "this is what we are doing with the tax return $$$"
    and it is going toward the re-landscaping of our front yard....

Normally very cool about my basses, but with the new house comes the clean up of the yard.....

Bummer for me !!! but there is always next time, and I'll continue to keep my eyes open !!

Thanks for the heads up MrDead !

20. Happy to be of service RIZ! When you're in the market for a Czech Spector be sure to check out as many Spector dealers that will sell mail order and compare the prices to your local dealers because that will be of great help in price negotiation. If you need any links to any Spector dealers that mail order, I have a boat load of them and will pass the info on to you!!!