Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DirtySocks1379, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Does anybody know if there is a difference between the spectors with aguilar electronics and the ones with spector made electronics? Also, are the Aguuilar equipped Spectors going to become harder to find? Any input is appreciated.
  2. Yes, there is a difference, but only owning those with Aggies' I cant tell you what it is. And yes, the Aggie built ones will (eventually) be harder to find as all the new Spectors have the new Spector EQ in them.
  3. mikezimmerman

mikezimmerman Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Omaha, Nebraska
    The Aguilar EQ is boost-only, isn't it? I'd guess that the new Spector EQ is boost/cut, but does anyone know for sure?

4. The Aggie OBP-1 is boost only.

I should have mentioned that my Korean REX has an EMG active circuit, which is boost/cut.
  5. Skerik1

Sep 21, 2002
    Saint Paul, MN
    The EQ you keep calling "Spector-Made" is actually an EMG-BTS.

6. Shri

Feb 25, 2003
    France, Paris
    The guy at Spector told me that even if the new ones are equipped by spector preamp, it will be still possible to get one with an aguilar preamp.Mine has the aguilar one and sounds perfect !! He also told me that the spector preamp made more hisses than aggie ones but was more powerful.The aggie one is cleaner and clearer also.
    i hope it will helps.
  7. Well I cant' understand needing more than a +15db boost. I rarely (if ever) crank the pre in my Spector all the way up, bass or treble.
  8. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    I had a 4 with the Aguilar 2 band and preferred the sound much better to what was stock. I think it made the EMG's pick ups sound a bit better. The only problem with it was that it was boost only, and like somone said, I think the added boost was a bit too much.
  9. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    Not so...all new Spectors are being shipped with the new Spector Tone circuit...check the Spector website for the announcement.