SOLD Spector Bantam Short Scale – Euro built – 9.5 Condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bassman10096, Aug 31, 2020.

1. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Price:
    $1200
    Strings:
    Spector Bantam Short Scale – Euro built – 9.5 Condition
    Clear black over quilted maple

This bass is in great (I never say “mint” to preserve my good rep) condition. I’ll give it a 9.5 just because it’s not first owner. Never gigged - I bought it for a project that never got off the ground due to COVID. I’d love to hang on to it but I really can’t justify more than three shorties to the wife (she counts them). Maybe my loss = your gain. Bantams go for $1799 retail. I got a decent deal so I’d like to see $1200 shipped to CONUS. Feel free to PM questions or offers. s2.jpg s21.jpg s3.jpg 42.jpg 42.jpg 44.jpg 45.jpg 46.jpg

This is a great-sounding bass – very similar to Garry Tallent’s Spector US-Made artist model short scale. It’s European-built and, like any other higher -end Spector – like a brick shxxhouse. The neck is comfortable (1.5” at the nut) but meatier than a Guild or Gibson short scale. The body is chambered, adding dimension to the tone and keeping the weight a very comfortable 8.2 lb.

It currently has a set of D'Addario Flatwound Nylon Tape strings and comes with a TKL hard case in good condition (a few scuffs, but rock solid - see pix).

SPECs:

BODY
    TOP WOOD USA Figured Maple
    BODY WOOD Chambered European Alder​
    NECK
    NECK WOOD 3pc Maple with Graphite Rods
    FRETBOARD Rosewood
    NUMBER OF FRETS 22
    NUT WIDTH 1.50"
    SCALE 30"​
    PICKUPS & ELECTRONICS
    CONTROLS Bridge Volume, Neck Volume, Stacked Bass Cut/Boost & Treble Cut/Boost
    PICKUPS EMG 35DC
    PREAMP SYSTEM EMG BTS Active EQ Circuit​
    HARDWARE
    HARDWARE Black
    BRIDGE Spector Aluminum Locking
    TUNERS Gotoh GB-707​

Here is Spector’s hype: Continuing a 40-year legacy of innovation and top-notch craftsmanship, Spector’s Bantam 4 is a short-scale powerhouse that packs a serious punch. With a 30” scale length and a carefully chambered body, the Bantam is lightweight and extremely comfortable to play. The Bantam features the classic NS body style that is fully carved and contoured to the player’s body using chambered Alder and a gorgeous Quilted Maple top. The deep-inset bolt-on neck ensures the utmost resonance and projection, while providing an effortless playing experience with its perfectly carved neck profile and fast 22 fret Indian Rosewood fingerboard. The Bantam is loaded with two EMG 35DC pickups, as well as an EMG BTS active EQ circuit, allowing for maximum versatility when paired with your favorite pedals and amps.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021