1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Spector Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DirtySocks1379, Sep 27, 2002.

1. I am interested in buying a spector rebop 4-string, and i was wondering if anyone had information on how it played, tone...etc. Also i was curious if the rebop took a battery or not. Also, would anyone know where i could buy one in a solid black and not the stain finish?

2. I have the original Spector Re-bop. It's a czech bolt on and is about three to four years old so it's not a "Re-bop" but it's the "re-bop parent" bass. It plays awesome. Yes, it does take a battery for the preamp. The thing I like most about Spectors are the range of tones... you can get growling low end or punchy mids for slap style.They are availible in a solid black just talk to your local dealer. Very versitile basses! I beleave the only diffence between my Czector and the ones you'd be looking at are the body wood (mine's maple) and the pre amp. (mine's EMG and I beleave they use Aguilar in the Re-Bops)Oh yea, and plus mine doesn't have a gay name like Re-bop :D he he...but who gives a **** about the name it's how that fukker plays! I hope this can help you out abit!

3. vegaas

vegaas

Nov 6, 2001
    Milwaukee
    I agree that "Re-Bop" is a terrible name for a bass.
    Is it endorsed by Hanson? Ummm bop baby!