Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Spector basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by CaracasBass, Aug 21, 2001.

1. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I know the Spector US Neck Thru and bolt on series are made in the USA, and the Europe series are made in Czech Republic... but, where are the NS2000 neck thru and bolt on made??

Thanks.

2. Luis Fabara

Luis Fabara

Aug 13, 2000
    Ecuador (South America)
    Audio Pro - Ecuador
    Korea

3. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Gracias Luis.......

a veces es bueno escribir en español :D

4. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Korea, for sure. But, ALL Spector basses are QC'd by either the man himself or one of his two associates upon being imported into the country:)

5. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    That´s good to know. So lets say, a Spector NS2000/4 its a better bass than a Fender American P-Bass??? what do you think???

6. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I don't like to take sides in too many of these discussions, except when joking. In all seriousness, it depends on the player.

The Fender Precision American Series is a really nice bass when set up correctly. I'm partial to Spectors, of course, but I also have a Fender, and wouldn't hesitate to buy another. I'd buy an Elrick, MTD, Status, or another Spector first, but I'd still buy another Fender.;)

But, I'll tell you this: I'm partial to US Spectors. That's me. Nino Brown's said he'd never buy another US Spector but would buy a Czech Spector (that is, if he can ever get off his Sadowsky kick). I've talked to some people who feel that way about Spectors in general, that Spector's the only way to go. It's really what ever your taste.

7. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    I think the NS/2000 is a different animal than the fender p-bass tone wise. The active pickups on the Spector really help differentiate the sound.