Spector Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Rob64, Jan 10, 2003.

1. Hi everybody..I am thinking about buying a Spector bass..the NS2000 4 string. Can anybody offer any opinions?

Also, I know this my be a dumb question but does anybody have a preference between bolt-on necks and staight thru necks and why?
  2. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I have both bolt on and neck thru Spector Professional Series basses...like em both, though I prefer the neck thru slightly! Do a search for Spector and you'll find lots of info dude! The basses rock!
  3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    If you want one of the most awesome basses in the world, GET IT. Spectors are amazing basses.
    Ive wanted one forever.. alas... all my money goes to support my wife and three kids....

thats a lie. i'm just broke.
  4. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have one I could sell. I have a custome built case for it, too. I;m not sure what I would want to sell it for. I can give you pics too. It's a bolt model, and I have loved it, but I need to pay off some debt. Tell me if you are interested. e-mail me at loozer3333@yahoo.com
  5. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Spector's are great basses. About 12 yrs ago I owned an NS 2 (Korean version during the Kramer era) and it was great. You really can't go wrong with a Spector in any price range. They've really become an industry standard.
  6. Jim Ingraham

Jim Ingraham

Nov 14, 2002
    i just bought the ns20005qpfl that was on ebay last week. had to send it back cause the electronics were soo bad. input jack was bad and there was a short in the piezo pickup somewhere.
  7. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Mine worked perfectly. All the electronics sound awesome, and the bass plays great. I'll never buy off of ebay for that reason. I'll always buy through a local store.
  8. All 3 of my Spectors are neck thru. I also have 2 bolt on Fenders at the moment. Different tools for different things - although to be honest, I favour the Spectors! My Fenders don't get played much any more!

I really like the neck thru sound, not quite as bright as the bolt ons. One of them is a Korean built REX 2000/5. For the money I think it is great value. Maybe not as great value as the Czech models - but they are twice the price in the first place.

As RevGroove says - do a search for Spector, a lot has been said about these in the past!
  9. I own two Spectors myself. After owning several other brands of basses through the years, Spector will be my brand now for life.