SOLD Spector BOB 4 Deluxe

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by johndb, May 11, 2017.

1. johndb

johndb Bass is the Place! Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Price:
    $1100
    Strings:
    Price reduction to $1100. Up for sale only, is my 1997 Spector BOB 4 DLX bass, built in Woodstock, NY, a rare bolt on 24 fret USA built Spector. The color is really hard to capture. In strong sunlight it is very blue, and indoors it's a teal blue/green. The top is quilted maple, fretboard is pau ferro, EMG pickups and electronics. Black hardware. Recessed straplocks. You won't see many of these, and this is only the second one I've ever seen in person. Weight is 9 lb. 8 oz. Case included. $1100 shipped in the Continental U.S. only. Screenshot_2017-04-28-14-02-26_1.jpg bob 11.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2017
  2. Wolf Tower 5

Wolf Tower 5 Still looking for all the answers.

May 29, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Wow, that is one rare bass. I've only seen maybe a half dozen in picture only. I want to say I read from someone that less than a dozen were ever made. It could be inaccurate information, but given the fact I've never seen one in person or know anyone who has, it's completely plausible. The color is beautiful and I would think the added mass of the body gives it a thunderous sound. Not to mention that a USA Spector for $1200 is a steal. GLWTS! But it shouldn't take long.

pjbassist likes this.
  3. abotaun

abotaun

Dec 8, 2007
    I have one of these and love the feel and sound of it. Someone will enjoy it.

4. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    It does sound really great...a super jazz, slapper, Sadowski killer, and more. It's also wearing a Hipshot d-tuner, and drop D sounds massive. I'll miss it, but I'm playing 5 all the time, and I have way too many basses.

5. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    EMG system has volume, pickup blend, concentric bass/ treble, and concentric mid with adjustable frequency center sweep.

6. bassboy01

bassboy01 SpectorWorld.com

Nov 28, 2003
    Oklahoma
    John, would love to talk to you about the bass. Can you email me at: [email protected]. Sorry, TB mail is full and I can't send or receive messages here.

7. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    Still available...and still killer!

8. johndb

Jul 3, 2014
    Illinois
    And Sold!

bassboy01 likes this.