Spector Comparison

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by akajuve400g, Jul 24, 2002.

1. akajuve400g

May 22, 2000
    I was just wondering if the 5 string Czech Spector is really worth twice the price of the 5 string NS 2000 Neck thru. I haven't had a chance to play either of them yet, so I wanted to know which would be more bang for the buck.
  2. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    the difference between those 2 instruments in GREAT. i played both and to me the Czech is by far superior. if money is not an issue go with the Czech!
  3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I think the Czech is a better bass. Better quality woods, hardware, pickup's electronics, etc. I feel that the Czech lone of Spector basses is almost as good if not as good as the USA line. ($3000+)

But the neck thru Korean Spectors are great also. Not as good as the Czech, but better than most basses in it's respective price range.
  4. Or you can always get a used American made spector for less than half it's list price!

:D ;) :D ;)

5. I have 2 Czech 5 string Spectors and yes, I believe that they are worth it over the Korean ones. Not that the Korean ones are bad (I have a REX2000/5 as well). To me the necks feel the same, but the attention to detail on the finish isn't as good, it has a Grpahite nut, whereas the Czechs have brass, and I believe that the Czechs have a solid brass bridge, whereas the Korean have aluminium (I'm maybe wrong there!)

Also, the pickups are different, the Korean Sports EMG Hz pups, while the Czech has EMG DC40s - more output and more tonal adjustment.

If you're budget only goes as far as the Korean, you won't be disappointed!!! I'd rather by a Korean Spector than a MIA Fender!!!!! IF you can go the extra for the Czech - you'll be a very happy bunny

6. seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    The Czech basses are nice instruments. Play great and sound great, plus, they seem solid as a rock.