1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Spector CR4FM

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Joebone, Oct 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    SOLD.

On offer we have a Spector CR4FM....No....per PhatBastard below, it's an early "Euro", likely 2002-03, but with the same all-maple construction as those first two series of Czech Spectors. This is from early in this decade, made in the Czech Republic, and features the same all-maple neck-through construction as the original US Spectors...which is not the case with the current Czech Spectors that slap a fancy cap over alder bodies.

For pictures, got to: http://gallery.me.com/joebone1

You can see that this bass is in very good condition; there are some dents/dings on the back of the body, but the rest of the bass presents very nicely, with a flame maple pattern in the solid maple wings. The jack may need to be replaced at some point.

Electronics are EMG and the Spector tone pump, set V/V/T/B. The tone pump does not elicit universal love, but I think the trick is to recognize just how hot this preamp's signal is, and to dial everything down accordingly. I got great results with each volume knob in the 4-6 range. Lots of growl, but also a big, fat luxurious yet fast sound.

These early Czech Spectors are killer instruments and among the best bargains out there.

This one is yours for $825 plus shipping. Includes a hard-shell case in fair condition for shipping purposes, and gold-colored Schaller strap-locks.

2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    That's not an NS4CR(FM). It has an early "NB" serial number.

When Spector discontinued this series and started the "Euro4" and "Euro5" Czech basses in 2001 they started over the serials with an "NB" in front of four digits (NBxxxx). Your serial places it as a Euro4. There were no "NSCR" basses with an "NB", just the four digits.

Don't worry, it still has solid body wings. They started the laminated versions with the "Euro LX" line in 2004.

If you do have a TonePump in there, your bass is a 2002 or 2003 model. 2001's had an Aguilar OBP-1 pre and the TonePump started to phase these out in 2002.

3. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Thank you, PhatBastard!

All please note accordingly.

4. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bump...

5. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    "Thanks-for-the-trade-offers, but-looking-for-cash" bump.

6. KsPiNeSh

KsPiNeSh

Mar 28, 2008
    Kansas City
    Any chance of getting a closer shot of the back?

7. Denny Coon

Denny Coon

Jan 10, 2010
    Ohio
    Awesome bass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Bumpin' toward the weekend...

9. Archaeobass

Archaeobass Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Pm'd

10. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    So I hear ebay has changed their rules, such that sales from the US to abroad no longer work through USPS if the item is worth more than $650.00. This is bogus! I've shipped many valuable basses abroad via USPS, without problems, and they are a whole lot cheaper than the commercial services.

So to be clear, I'm willing to ship abroad, with my usual stipulations:

1. You pay for the item, shipping and insurance via paypal prior to shipping, and please don't ask for outrageous mis-statements of value for customs purposes.

2. You expressly bear all risk of loss or damage. I'll insure as much as I can, per your payment re same.

If you can bear paying UPS DHL or FedEx prices, that's an option. If you can live with the $650 insurance cap from USPS (and if your country will accept a full-sized bass box per the USPS website), I'm willing to ship pretty much anywhere via USPS.

So here is a chance for our non-US brothers-in-bass to take advantage of current exchange rates.

Oh, yeah...bump.

11. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    Just noticed this.
    Just to be clear, there was only one Czech series of basses before this bass (Euro4), the NSCR(FM) series. The NSCR series did go through a few tweeks, but was essential one series followed by the Euro series followed by the current Euro LX series.

Yes, this bass is solid maple like the NSCR series before it, but is the second in the Czech series (Euro), not the third (Euro LX), so there was only one series before this.

12. peledog

peledog

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Wow! She's purrrrtty!!

13. Joebone

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    SOLD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.